Chapter 26:

Ladybug captured the Akuma and Paris was safe once again.

"Looks like our job here is done," Chat Noir smirked. "Let's go."

Quickly, before anyone arrived, they ran into a room and transformed back to normal.

"Phew, I'm glad that's over, where's my cheese reward?" Plagg growled.

"Good job Marinette!" Tikki smiled.

Casually, the two teens wandered out of the room. They investigated the scene and made sure that they didn't leave any tracks behind.

"Shall we?" Adrien smiled.

The couple wandered back to class.

"Where were you guys!?" Alya yelled. "I got shot and then I don't know what happened."

"We got shot too after you did," Marinette lied.

"Well classes are resuming now, let's go," Alya suggested.

She walked on up ahead while Adrien gave Marinette a sly look.

"You're getting better at lying," He whispered.

"Well, I learned from the best," She laughed as she walked up to Alya leaving the dumbfounded Adrien behind.

They resumed their classes and the school day came to an end very quickly. Alya and Nino followed along with Adrien and Marinette as they were about to leave the school campus and go to a photo shoot for Adrien. Unfortunately, Lila bumped into them.

"Hi everyone!" She fakely smiled.

"Hi..." Alya wearily responded.

Nino and Marinette remained silent.

"Hello," Adrien oddly greeted.

"So, what are you guys doing?" Lila smiled.

"We are about to head to Adrien's photo shoot," Marinette replied. "So if you'll excuse us, we should be going."

The rivals gave each other a death glare.

"Mind if I tag along?" Lila grinned.

The group silenced.

"Uh, we have enough people going already, after all, it's a photo shoot for only Adrien," Alya hurriedly blurted.

Marinette remained staring at Lila. The same feeling of anger and hatred arose and she so desperately wanted to punch her.

"Oh, ok, next time then! Well, I'll see you all tomorrow, Adrien," Lila gave her best fake smiled as she waved goodbye.

Marinette pulled Adrien by the arm and dragged him away. Alya and Nino followed closely behind. Together, the four of them hopped into Adrien's metallic silver car. Marinette seemed quite irritated.

"Marinette?" Adrien peered over.

The car was practically silent. The four were all squished together in the backseat. In the front, Natalie and Adrien's bodyguard sat.

"Huh?" Marinette was pulled back to reality.

"Are you alright?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah, fine." She said.

Her eyes wandered over to the floor. She stared for a while. A glistening shine caught her eye as she peered over to her hand. The ring. She always loved seeing it glimmer and glisten. It had been on her finger this whole time and she kept forgetting. Soon they arrived at the photo shoot and Marinette regained sanity. Adrien was directed over to a white mat that came down from the ceiling and spread across the floor. It was where the photos would be taken. The remaining three were given chairs and they could watch the photos being taken. Adrien posed in various ways and the camera flashes repeated. Nino and Alya mostly talked while Marinette dreamily watched Adrien. Alya realized what her friend was doing and waved her hand in Marinette's face.

"Earth to Marinette?" Alya asked.

Marinette still ignored her. Alya face-palmed. After all this time, she still stared at him. Accepting that, she went back to talking with Nino.

"Smile like your girlfriend is here!" The photographer directed.

The coincidence made Adrien grin and laugh. "She is,"

The photographer peered back and spotted Marinette.

"You, young lady, what's your name?" He asked.

"M-Marinette." She nervously stuttered.

"Your the boy's girlfriend?" He inspected.

"Y-yes," She stumbled.

"Hmm... this could work! Young lady! Come up here!" He instructed.

"M-me!?" She stunned.

"Come on," He gestured his hands.

Marinette gulped as she slowly walked towards the white mat. Alya giggled as she watched her friend walk up. Marinette arrived at the mat.

"Go stand next to the boy," He pointed.

Marinette's eyes widened. She was going to be part of the photo shoot. Cautiously, she wandered up to Adrien.

"Now, I want you to face him." The photographer directed.

She turned to face Adrien's side.

"Hello," She whispered.

"Hello," He whispered back.

"Now, kiss him on the cheek, remember we want fresh! Teen romance~." The photographer demanded.

Marinette kissed him on the cheek and the pose remained.

"Good, good! Yes! I can see it now!" The photographer praised.

Afterward, they changed poses several times. Marinette became less nervous and enjoyed the experience. Once they had finally finished, they were exhausted.

"Good job guys! These will be coming out in next week's magazine," The photographer stated.

Marinette gasped. She was going to be in a magazine, with Adrien. Alya cupped her face with her hands and excitedly, the girls squealed. Nino put his arm around Adrien and the four walked out. The next couple of days flew by. Marinette lost a lot of concentration daydreaming about Adrien. She really adored him. One morning on the following week, Adrien ran to Marinette holding a magazine. The magazine.

"This is our magazine," He huffed regaining his breath.

Marinette took it and flipped through the pages. Adrien put his arm around her and inspected the photos too.

"Pretty cool eh?" He laughed.

From behind, Alya and Nino approached. Together the four stared at the images mesmerized. They were all in a deep trance when suddenly, Lila appeared.

"What have you guys got there?" She asked.

"Isn't it obvious, a magazine," Marinette bluntly answered.

"May I see it?" She smiled.

Marinette figured why not. She suspiciously handed it over to Lila. The four stared at Lila's reaction to the magazine. She had jealousy written all over her face. She wanted to be the one taking photos with Adrien. What does he see in her? She thought. Quickly, she handed the magazine back.

"Well, I'm going to go now! See you later, Adrien." She smiled and walked off.

She had said goodbye to Adrien, only Adrien. Marinette went a little red in the face but was reassured when Adrien slung his arm around her casually.

"let's go," He smiled.

The four walked off and headed to class.