Chapter 14:

They hugged for a while. Eventually, he smiled again and the tears stopped.

"I'll take you to that park someday," He smiled.

"I hope you do." She smiled back. "That reminds me, do you know what happened to Nino and Alya?"

"No actually." He responded. "Shall we go see, m'lady?"

"We shall." She smiled.

Marinette picked up her phone and decided to call them. Alya said she was having lunch with Nino and wanted her to bring Adrien along so they could all eat together. The couple agreed and headed to the restaurant. It was a pretty average looking restaurant, nothing too fancy. Adrien liked restaurants like this, the only ones he'd even been to were high-class ones with marble floors and chandeliers. He was seated next to Nino and Marinette was on the other side of the table next to Alya facing Adrien. Each of them ordered food but eventually ended up sharing it all. They laughed at each other's jokes and told stories the whole afternoon. Adrien really like spending time together as a group which made him want to do more things like this.

"Do you want to go to the park tomorrow? For a picnic?" He asked.

The three nodded. They had decided to go and have a picnic tomorrow. It was late in the afternoon when the group finally decided to call it a day. Nino walked Alya home and Adrien walked Marinette home. They arrived at her doorstep and kissed.

"See you tomorrow at the park? m'lady," He smiled.

"Of course, kitty." She laughed.

She entered the house and waved goodbye. Both their hearts fluttered a tingly feeling, it filled them with excitement and joy. Marinette spent the rest of her day finishing up homework and assignments. Once she had finished, she decided to call up Alya to see what they were going to wear for tomorrow. Alya, instead of just talking on the phone, rushed over to Marinette's house. Together they flipped and fumbled through all the dresses and outfits Marinette had. Alya brought some of her clothes over too. Eventually, after a few fashion shows, Marinette decided on a white dress with large blue polka dots that could be worn casually while Alya chose a light purple casual dress. She wasn't used to wearing dresses but after being convinced by Marinette, she couldn't refuse. Alya spent the night over and the next day was picnic day. The girls arrived at the park where the boys were seated underneath a tree on top of a picnic rug. Both of them were quite stunned to see the girls in such lovely dresses.

"Wow, you look guys look great," They said in sync.

Marinette blushed, hard. Her heart racing as she saw Adrien. Even though a while had passed since they started dating, every time she saw him, the same exciting feeling erupted. He pecked her on the cheek as she sat with her legs tucked in from the side. The group chattered and laughed when finally the individual couples sort of split off. Alya and Nino continued to blabber on while Marinette found a shaded spot on the grass and lied down. She stared at the clouds as they hovered by. Adrien joined her as they observed the clouds. It wasn't a hot day. It was chilly but sunny which gave them a relaxing feeling. Once winter was really here, the sun wouldn't be as effective. Together they laughed and giggled at each other's jokes. Marinette mostly laughed at the strange things Adrien could see in the clouds.

"And that one, that ~ one looks like a cat with an umbrella in its claws!" He chuckled. "See it? See there. The claw is that little cloud."

She giggled excessively. Adrien laughed too. What could possibly be better than spending a chilly afternoon with your one true love gazing at cloud shapes? Nothing. But then it began to spit. The little droplets of rain rolled off Marinette's face.

"Here comes the rain!" She cried.

Eventually, it started to fall harder. Both of them got up along with Nino and Alya. Adrien took off his jacket and sheltered Marinette from the rain with it. Nino pulled up the picnic rug to protect Alya and himself. Alya chuckled at the fact that she had a picnic rug on her head. The rain started pouring. Adrien was being soaked in the rain. They found refuge underneath the covering of a building. Poor Adrien was cold and wet. Marinette giggled. She liked how he sacrificed himself for her.

"Why didn't you just use your jacket for yourself?" She asked.

"Because we can't have Paris' greatest superhero catch a cold?" He laughed.

"Well, what about her partner?" She questioned.

"He doesn't matter, he can catch a cold, he'll deal with it." He responded.

The group sat in the shelter and chattered while waiting for the rain to stop.