Chapter 22:

The following evening, Marinette studiously finished all her homework and went straight to bed. The next morning, she woke up to a cold chill. As she clutched her arms for warmth, she peered through her window. It was snowing. She smiled. It rarely ever snowed in Paris but when it did, it was amazing. She hurried to get changed and strolled to school. She wore a thick jacket and a hand knitted scarf. At the snow-covered steps of the school, Adrien, in his jacket (obviously a Gabriel Agreste designed one), waited for Marinette. He was wearing the blue scarf he thought his dad had made when really it was Marinette who crafted it for his birthday last year. He spotted her and smiled warmly. Marinette greeted him with a smile too.

"This cool cat can keep you warm," He winked.

Marinette giggled as she clutched his hand. Together they walked into class and began their lessons. Lunch break arrived quickly and Nino wanted to go to the gym. In Paris, they had long lunch hours and students were permitted to exit the school during that time.

"Wanna go a play basketball in the gym? It'll warm us up?" Nino suggested.

Marinette and Alya weren't really the sporty type. Marinette could throw and all but it really wasn't too much of her thing. Adrien wasn't the real sports addict either but decided why not. He convinced the girls with his facial expression and they agreed too. The group of four, in their long coats and scarfs, made their way to the local gym. Each of them had their sets of gym clothes and face towels. They arrived at the heated basketball court which was indoors. Nobody else was there, fortunately. The girls headed off to the bathroom to change whilst the boys changed out in the court. After a short while, the girls emerged. Marinette was wearing a red crop top with shorts. Alya was wearing a crop top with a long black and white tank top over it. They both had strong builds and looked pretty fit. The boys were stunned to see the girls in such a state and unexpectedly blushed a deep red. The boys wore tight tank tops and shorts too.

"Boys vs girls?" Alya smirked.

"More like girls beat boys," Marinette laughed.

"Oh really?" Adrien smirked approaching her.

Nino approached Alya too. She stared him in the eye.

"We're taking you down." Alya eyed him.

"Not if we do first," Nino smirked back.

Whilst they were having their own little competitive quarrel, Marinette, and Adrien stared each other in the eye.

"You guys are going down," Marinette smirked.

"How can you be so sure?" Adrien cracked a sly smile.

"Ladybug told me," She flirtatiously smiled back.

"Well, a cool cat told me, Ladybug is amazing and all, but, she isn't so good at basketball," He laughed back.

"This, cool cat, must be pretty dumb then. Girls will dominate." She leaned closer.

Alya was practically yelling at Nino now.

"You. Are. Going. Down." Alya spoke as she pinned her finger on Nino's chest and poked him.

"Chill out Alya, we're still going to win, though," Nino chuckled.

Marinette and Adrien peered over to them.

"Game on m'lady," Adrien smirked.

"Alright kitty," She smiled. "Let's start this thing!"

Marinette grabbed the ball and positioned herself in the middle of the court preparing to throw it up. Alya walked over as she was jumping for the girls' side.

"Which one of you boys is going to jump?" She yelled.

Nino nudged Adrien as he stumbled forward. Alya bent over stabilizing herself gaining balance and preparing herself to jump and smash the ball. She cracked her knuckles and readied herself.

"Ready to go down prince charming?" She laughed at Adrien.

He gulped. This game was going to be tough. Marinette counted to three and threw the ball into the air. Alya smashed it down and Marinette caught the bouncing ball. Nino ran up to her and tried to snatch it off but she threw it to Alya who was near their goal. She caught it and tossed it perfectly into the hoop. Proudly, she walked over to Marinette and both the girls high-fived with sly smiles. The boys practically stood there with their jaws hanging open. The girls would good. Better than good. Adrien realized what he was doing and repositioned himself confidently. He smirked at the confused Nino. Quickly he nudged him and they both readied themselves for round two. This time, it was Marinette and Nino jumping.

"You ready man?" He nervously asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She confidently answered.

Alya counted to three and shot it into the sky. This time, Nino had gotten the ball and he tossed it to Adrien. Marinette pounded it out of his hands and tossed it to Alya. Unfortunately, her plan was ruined when Nino in the nick of time jumped in front of Alya and took the ball instead. Nino threw it to Adrien. Adrien dribbled it halfway down the court and went for a slam-dunk. Casually, Nino walked over to Adrien who had his arms crossed. Nino placed one of his arms on Adrien's shoulder and they both stared at the girls, smirking.

"Beat that," Adrien stated.

Marinette gave Alya the look. The look that would determine that they had to win. Round three began with Nino and Alya jumping.

"We gonna win," Nino laughed.

"In your dreams!" Alya snickered.

Adrien threw the ball up but Nino smashed it before Alya could reach it. Adrien received the ball but was cornered by Marinette. Quickly, he threw it to Nino who was guarded by Alya. Nino clutched the ball but was stopped when Alya grabbed him by the collar and kissed him. He immediately dropped the ball and fell deeply into the kiss. Quickly, Alya snatched the ball from the ground and tossed it to Marinette. Marinette shot a perfect hoop. She walked over to Alya and high-fived her. Alya wandered back to the starstruck Nino and kissed him on the cheek.

"Better luck next time," She chuckled.

Adrien laughed. He couldn't believe what tactic the girls had used. Basically, they used the power of love as a weapon.

*Um, Hello... Please tell me how it's going!*