Chapter 20:

She simply couldn't believe Adrien was so naive. How could he be so unaware of the fact that she was pulling him in? Marinette wondered.

"Can't you see what she's doing?" Marinette asked. "She likes you,  Adrien."

"Well of course she does, I'm Adrien, Marinette's idol," He joked.

"Seriously. She likes you, Adrien, like, loves you." Marinette spoke in a serious tone.

"Are you sure? Maybe you're overreacting? It's fine. Maybe she is just a nice person?" He stated.

Marinette was irritated at the fact that he couldn't see it. Honestly, though, Adrien vaguely knew.

"Besides, you're the only bug this cat can see." He smiled.

She cracked a small smile back. He held out his hand.

"Shall we?" He smirked.

She responded by placing her hand in his and they walked back to the confused Nino and Alya. Alya eyed Marinette suspiciously and Marinette signaled her that they'd talk later. The group arrived at the small cafe and they ate together.

"I need to go to the bathroom, Marinette," Alya said eyeing her friend.

The girls walked into the bathroom to begin their chat.

"Ok, so what's really going on girl? You've been acting kind of weird after Lila came," Alya said.

"Well... I think Lila wants to steal Adrien from me." Marinette stated.

"Really? Are you sure you're not being too paranoid? She seems pretty nice to me," Alya stunned. "I'll see what I can find, though, I'll be sure to keep and eye and tell you if anything happens."

Marinette smiled with gratitude. Even though her friend didn't believe her, she was still going to help. She nodded in response. The girls walked back to find the boys conversing casually. They took their places at the table and continued eating. Marinette was sort of quiet throughout the meal. Adrien would every so often glance at her in confusion. Was she still thinking about Lila? He thought. Alya could obviously see what was going on. She dragged the confused Nino to the counter pretending to order something. Adrien took the opportunity.

"Ok, what's going on Marinette? You've been weirdly quiet," Adrien worried.

Marinette mumbled some gibberish.

"Look you'll always be mine," Adrien smiled. "Bugaboo."

He clutched Marinette and kissed her on the forehead. She smiled slightly. Nino and Alya returned happily. The rest of the day consisted mostly of eating all the food that the stalls had. They played a couple more games where Nino won a few plushies for Alya. The day concluded well and everything was good. Unfortunately, though, they still had school the next day. Marinette groaned at the thought. When they were about the leave the park, and unfortunate Lila came by.

"Oh hello again!" She smiled. "Adrien, do you want to study with me tomorrow after school?"

Marinette eyed her devilishly. She so badly wanted to kick her and punch her.

"I think he is fine studying with me," Marinette stubbornly interrupted. "Plus, he doesn't even really need help."

"How about I join you?" Lila eyed her.

"No thanks, two people is enough." Marinette glared. "If you'll excuse us, I think it's time we go."

"Next time then Adrien," Lila smiled fakely. "See you all at school tomorrow, bye!"

Lila wandered off. Marinette stared at the wandering figure furiously when she turned to the three. They all stared at her partially shocked. They decided to call it quits and their date had ended. The group walked Marinette home. On the way, Marinette looked at no one. She was still furious and angry with Adrien for not standing up for their relationship. Adrien, who was stunned, occasionally peeped his head towards her and observed her anger. When they finally arrived at her doorstep, Nino and Alya backed away and pretended to be interested in something else whilst the other couple talked.

"Well, I got stuck in a cat fight," He sheepishly smiled. "Hehe..."

There was a silence. Marinette didn't feel like talking to anyone. She had her arms crossed and a firm body. She occasionally gave Adrien a death stare. He could be so dumb at times. Eventually, she farewelled them with a dull goodbye and headed inside without looking back. As soon as she got into her room, she plopped onto her bed and consulted Tikki.

"Why is he so dumb!" She yelled. "Can he not see!"

Tikki tried to calm her down.

"Be calm Marinette," Tikki warned. "A hot-head isn't going to get you anywhere."

Marinette took a few deep breaths and babbled her thoughts out. By the time they had finished discussing, it was already night. Marinette didn't feel like eating and was still pretty mad. She went straight to bed but she couldn't sleep. Her eyes were pinpointed on the window. It opened slowly as Chat Noir hopped into her room.

"m'lady?" He quietly asked.

She turned her body around to face the wall giving him the cold shoulder.

"Look, what was I supposed to do?" He mumbled. "You seemed to know what you were doing."

That enraged Marinette more. He didn't even understand. It wasn't that he didn't do anything, It's that he didn't stand up for their love. He didn't object to Lila's requests.

"Ok, I'm sorry. I like you, not her. Okay?" He asked.

Giving up he hopped onto the windowsill.

"See you tomorrow at school, m'lady..." He trailed off as he left the room.

Marinette turned around to see he had already left. She felt bad but what else could she do? Lila was ruining everything.

*OHHH*