Chapter 33:

Ladybug stood there completely dumbfounded. Her body was paralyzed and her heart sank. Chat Noir's body jerked back as Darkblade thrashed the sword out.

"Give me you miraculous!" Darkblade yelled pointing the sword at Ladybug.

Carefully, she lied Chat Noir down, blood still wet on his back. She got up and positioned herself.

"Your gonna pay." Ladybug hissed.

She recklessly attacked not considering the possible consequence of death. Stealthy, she snatched the sword right out of Darkblade's hand and snapped it with her bare hands. Using her yo-yo, she purified the Akuma and everything was normal... except, Chat Noir was still dead. He should have gone back to normal as the miraculous power replenished Paris... but he didn't.

Ladybug collapsed onto the floor where she sat in distraught. Her hands trembled and she couldn't see properly. Overwhelmed, she screamed, shrieking at her loss. Slowly, she wandered over to where Chat Noir layed. She was filled with regret and depression. If only she had believed him, if she had trusted him, if she had faith, he wouldn't be dead. It was her fault that he was dead. It was her fault that she lost the love of her life. It was all her fault. She knelt beside him and cried, covering her mouth with her hands as she stared at the horrifying body. Her life was over. Something, inside of her told her to get up. She stopped crying. Mourning his death wasn't going to do anything.

Wiping away her tears, she picked the lifeless body up along with the baton and ring. She walked with him clutched in her hands. Carefully, she snuck to Master Fu's home and made sure no one saw the mess. Quickly she arrived and went in. Master Fu was shocked to see the bloody body but urged her to put him on the mat in the center. She placed Chat Noir down and knelt beside him.

"Is... is there anything we can do?" Ladybug hesitated.

"There is one thing." Master Fu stroked his chin. "It'll only work once in a superheroes lifetime, that is, if it works. The chances aren't too high."

"It doesn't matter, we have to try," Ladybug urged.

"Okay," Master Fu said. "I'll need your miraculous."

Ladybug took her earrings off and she automatically de-transformed. Master Fu walked over to the miraculous box and pulled out the middle part which was the yin and yang symbol. He placed it on Chat Noir's chest. Taking Marinette's miraculous, he placed it on one of the circles. He then took Chat Noir's off him and placed it on the other circle.

"This will only work if your miraculous are strong enough," Master Fu said.

"How can they be strong?" Marinette questioned.

"Depending on your connection, relationship stuff," Master Fu skipped over.

Marinette hesitated. Maybe it wouldn't work? She, after all, did believe he cheated on her... but, he sacrificed his life for her.

"Ready?" Master Fu asked.

"Ready," Marinette said.

"Place your hand on the side with your miraculous," Master Fu said.

She hesitantly placed it. Master Fu moved Adrien's hand onto the other side. He then retrieved a large gong and the miraculous box. Marinette then heard him speak in Chinese but she didn't understand. He chanted something then banged the gong. Immediately, Marinette collapsed down after feeling suddenly exhausted. Everything went black.

Eventually, Marinette woke up from her sleep. She peered up to see Adrien by her side. Realizing where she was, she shot up to see the moving boy. Adrien was alive. It worked. He was still sleeping, though.

"It worked." Master Fu said before leaving the room and giving the couple some time together.

"A-Adrien?" Marinette hesitated.

His eyes slowly opened.

"Wh-where am I?" Adrien asked confused.

Marinette lit up with joy. Tears flowed down her cheek as she hugged him tightly.

"Wait, what happened?" Adrien asked recalling being stabbed.

He then came to realize the excessive amount of crying Marinette was doing. He hugged her tightly too.

"Why are you crying m'lady?" He smiled.

"I'm sorry," She cried.

"For what?" He asked.

"For not believing you," Marinette cried harder. "I thought you were gone,"

"Gone?" Adrien was confused.

Instead of asking, he held Marinette firm. He would wait to ask later.

"So, how did things between you and Nathaniel turn out?" Adrien joked.

"He's not my cat." Marinette giggled as she stopped crying.

The couple laughed and stayed tight against each other.

"So... you gonna put that ring back on?" He asked pointing to the silver ring on the floor. "Or will I have to?"

He reached over and grabbed it.

"Marinette Dupin-Cheng, will you marry me?" He smiled. "again?"

She nodded as Adrien gently slid the ring on her finger. Master Fu walked in.

"You two should get going, people from you normal life are going to get suspicious." Master Fu suggested.

"Right," Marinette said getting up.

She pulled Adrien up too. He was weak and failed to stand properly. Marinette slung one of his arms around her allowing him to lean on her. Together, they limped out. Marinette brought him to a bench to rest.

"We need to go find Alya." Adrien urged.

"Why?" Marinette questioned.

"She has the evidence," Adrien said.

"I believe you," Marinette smiled.

"I have to make sure that you know the absolute truth," Adrien insisted. "I should be good to walk now, want to head off, m'lady?"

"Sure," Marinette smiled as the two got up.

Slowly, they made their way to the school.

"Adrien, Marinette! Where were you and..." Alya panted whilst pointing at the two with her finger. "You... you all good?"

"Just perfect," Marinette smiled gesturing the okay sign with her hand.

She wandered up to Alya while Nino joined next to Adrien.

"Details," Alya whispered.

They quietly chattered all the way to the classroom. Alya went to her bag and brought out the camera. The four headed back out and sat against a wall. Alya passed the camera onto Marinette. She pressed play. The footage showed exactly what Adrien had said. She was wrong and wrongly accused him. Marinette kept her head low. She had allowed Adrien to suffer this whole time. Trying to clear the thoughts, she lightened up.

"Uh, sorry?" She sheepishly said scratching the back of her head. "ahehe..."

She then hastily turned her head back down when she felt an arm. Adrien had swung his hand around her shoulder and they just sat there. The group of four leaning against the classroom wall just sat there.

"Well, that clears everything up." Alya sighed in relief. "You know, we haven't been on a double date in a while."

Marinette giggled.

"Well, where do we all wanna go next?" Marinette asked.

The four were finally reunited after all this time. From around the corner, Lila watched. She hadn't given up, not yet.