Chapter 34:

Nino was the first to suggest where they should go on their double date.

"There's this new indoor beach thing, it seems pretty cool." He said.

The four looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

"Okay, so after school then?" Marinette asked.

The rest of the group gave a 'yup'. The gang heard the bell ring and headed back to class. Lila followed closely behind. She stared at them for a while and thought about how to get Adrien on her side. Quickly, she headed back to her class. After school hours finally arrived and the group ventured to the lockers to put their things away. Adrien arrived at his locker and put his books in it. He shut the locker door to find Lila standing there.

"Uh...hi?" Adrien hesitated.

"Adrien, I want to talk about what happened before," Lila smiled. "The thing is, I really-"

Marinette interrupted their conversation by walking in and pulling Adrien in for a kiss. He was confused but decided to embrace it. Lila was left staring at them, appalled.

"He's mine," Marinette smirked as she took Adrien by the hand.

The couple said no more and went on their way. Lila was dumbfounded and furious. The two met up with Nino and Alya and they were on their way to the indoor beach.

"Wow, I didn't know you could get so sassy," Adrien laughed to Marinette.

"You have no idea," Marinette chuckled.

They finally arrived at the site. It was a large dome-like space with sand and trees inside.

"Wow..." The four said in amazement.

"We need to find some swim suits," Alya suggested.

Together, they walked in and began their search for swimming clothes.

"I thought cats don't like water," Marinette giggled.

"Well, Chat doesn't," Adrien responded.

Each of them selected outfits and proceeded to the changing rooms. Adrien and Nino were shirtless and wore board shorts with wave designs on them. They waited for the girls outside the changing cubicles. Cautiously, Marinette emerged from one of the rooms. She hesitantly walked out and stood there uncomfortably. She was wearing a red bikini with black dots. From the other cubicle, Alya exited confidently with a purple one piece. The boys stared in awe.

"Does it look weird?" Marinette said uncomfortably.

"No, you look flawless," Adrien objected.

He grinned.

"Anyways what do you think of me?" He smirked. "I told you that I looked good in a swimsuit."

Marinette face-palm but laughed too. They all walked down to the beach area and tested out the water with their feet.

"Cold!" Nino squirmed as he ran out the water.

"Toughen up big guy," Alya chuckled as she entered the water.

Slowly, all four of them walked into the freezing sea. They all swam casually until Adrien started splashing water onto everyone.

"Hey!" They yelled in sync.

Soon it turned into a water fight. They separated into teams of couples. Marinette hopped onto Adrien's shoulders and Alya hopped onto Nino's. They struggled to push each other down when finally, Marinette and Adrien fell back. They switched the teams up and it became girls vs boys.

"Just like basketball, the girls will dominate!" Alya yelled.

Marinette hopped onto her shoulders as Adrien hopped onto Nino. It was now couple vs couple.

"Good luck Adrien, you'll be needing it!" Alya chuckled as she held firm.

"You're going down!" The boys yelled.

Adrien and Marinette playfully tried to push each other down but they didn't budge.

"I've had enough, you're going down now!" Marinette laughed as she, using all her might, pushed the boys down.

"Yes!" Alya yelled.

Marinette hopped off her shoulders and joined Alya in playfully mocking the boys. They were both suddenly lifted by Adrien and Nino and were thrown into the water. The boys high-fived.

"Oh, you're in for it!" Alya chuckled as she took Nino down.

"Take me on? Hot stuff." Marinette laughed.

"With pleasure, m'lady," Adrien smirked.

The couples fought against each other using the water as their weapon when finally they gave up. Each of them dragged themselves up the wet sand and plopped down.

"I'm pooped." Marinette tiredly grinned.

They all nodded in agreement.

"Hey, I just remembered! Prom is in two days!" Alya exclaimed.

Marinette had completely forgotten. She face-palmed and plopped back down.

"We better get going, it's getting late." She suggested.

The four dried themselves, changed clothes, and headed on out. The freezing cold atmosphere outside hit their faces and their hands went numb.

"It's really cold out today, huh?" Marinette said tiredly.

"Are you cold?" Adrien said concerned.

"A little," Marinette smiled.

Adrien wrapped his jacket around her and clutched her hand as they hopped in the metallic silver car. Everyone was tired and Marinette fell asleep on the way home.

"You're going to be fine with her, right?" Alya asked as she left the car with Nino.

"Yeah, we'll be fine," Adrien smiled.

The car left Nino and Alya and arrived at the Marinette's bakery. Adrien carried her out bridal style and struggled to knock on the door. Her parents opened it and allowed him to place her down on her bed. Adrien sat beside her for a while before getting up.

"Goodnight," Marinette quietly whispered.

"Goodnight m'lady," He whispered back as he left the room.

"Thank you for bringing her back," Marinette's mother said.

"No problem, goodnight," Adrien said as he left the house.

"Wow, our little girl's got a good one." Marinette's father whispered.

Adrien smiled as he heard the faint whisper and wandered back into the car. The next morning, Marinette woke up in a panic.

"Ah! Tomorrows prom!" Marinette cried to Tikki.

"Calm down, what's the matter?" Tikki asked.

"I haven't tweaked my dress," Marinette said frantically gathering her sewing items.

"You have the whole of today," Tikki said. "Don't rush,"

"Your right Tikki," Marinette said regaining tranquility.

She spent the whole day at home working away and went to sleep completely exhausted. The day flew by and she was drained. Her eyes were heavy and she drifted off. The next day she woke up excited. Tonight was prom night.