CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

I started walking away without waiting for them, as I know they would ask me why later and as always, I don't know what to say again. I would avoid what my companions will ask later as I sighed heavily.

Hindi ko namalayan na mabilis nagsisunuran ang iba sa akin. I'm at least expecting them to follow, after all, it seemed as if Ashton hasn't finished talking to-

"Why did you go without waiting for us?" I looked at the source of the voice as I sighed. Mali pala ako dahil yari na siya, at ngayon ay kasabay ko na syang naglalakad.

I just shook my head as I smiled at her tiredly, "Well, it's boring to wait inside, listening to your conversation. Maybe I should assist the others as they trained," Palusot ko at palihim na pinuri ang sarili dahil nakaisip ng ganoong palusot.

"Hmm, right," Ashton said instead as he walked beside me as we headed at the place we used to come here earlier.

When the truth is, I don't like being with Farrah's father.

I don't know? Maybe just like her, it's hard for me to accept it too - that he chose someone over Farrah's mother, which leads to something- where they are scared of taking risks. Farrah was scared of entering into a serious relationship because of what happened.

I mean, I know that she has feelings for Damien, but it's as if a crush only, and even though Farrah loves him already, she won't accept it in herself since I know that the idea of loving scares the shit out of her.

It's too cruel that the first one who should've to protect them is the one who made them feel their first heartbreak.

I halted once we're back in that place. Nagawi ang tingin ko sa isang banda at tulad kanina at parang may sumaksak nanaman sa aking puso. Sasha's lifeless body seemed out of place in a place like this-she shouldn't be supposed to be here. I sighed as I was about to go to her body's site when Justine walked first than me.

Ashton's whisper followed it. "You can cry later," He said that made me avert my gaze from It, right after I saw Justine removed his jacket and used it to cover Sasha's body before he lifted her.

"Let's create a proper burial for her," Justine suggested in which we nodded as I remained averting my gaze from them.

As we walked away from that place, I know that they are alert. Even I was still alerted. Thankfully, the others guarded us, fully aware of what happened to Sasha. They took note of everything, including protecting us as we are busy finding some communication that could help us escape.

And when we're finally out, we saw the others waiting for us, even guarding the door, carrying big guns with both of their hands. All of them were alerted as to how they felt our presence, and they looked at our place who are walking from that dark hallway.

They stopped when they saw me.

"Ae... you cut your hair?" Zoe's the first one who voiced out her thoughts. I just smiled at her weakly, and I know, with that action, she fully got it.

She ordered the others to helped us as she proceeded in my place.

"What happened?" She whispered as I saw her eyes lingered in my hair. I felt that she shifted her gaze at Lorraine as I sighed heavily.

"It was a success; we finally asked some help overseas," Jason explained as I continued to go towards where the bus is. They were looking at me, yet they made way for me so I could enter the bus. However, once I'm inside, I overheard what Peachy asked.

"Kulang kayo. Nasaan si Sasha?" As a cue, biglang bumuhos ang luha ko. As when I looked at them from the window of this bus, I saw Justine go out from that place, carrying someone in his arms covered by his jacket.