CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"You're safe inside this since it's surrounded by electric fences that could toast everything that touches it, including people," Farrah said as we made our way inside the house with the armored car we are using; I can't help but look around and be amazed because. . .

Fuck, I know that the house is built enormously, but I never thought that it's this huge!

"The concrete walls you've seen were surrounded by high voltage electricity which, they explained that they had installed transformers and other complex electrical systems to implement this. Thankfully, they're acquaintances with such best engineers around the world," She explained that made me look at her.

"You mean. . ." I hadn't finished what I was saying when she nodded her head, smiling so proudly at me.

"The roof is also built with the best solar panels existing in our world, and in case of emergency, there's a small nuclear power plant at the back to give emergency power back up for those electrified fences. This place is being deployed by a chain of safety measures rather than relying on one system."

"Those walls aren't only concrete walls, but a combination of defense materials which can be used to dispose of those zombies once they reached this place. Electric fences, plus small missiles with guns at the top of those concretes, and of course, a ditch filled with concentrated sulfuric acid, which is a highly corrosive chemical, and you know it already," Farrah explained as I nodded my head.

Right. Sulfuric acids are potentially explosive in concentrated form.

I looked at my companions to see if they could follow up with our conversation and by looking at them in which- some of them have confusion filled with their face shows that they somehow couldn't get it. But the others and Lance and Damien remained looking so calmed as if they got it already, as my gaze looks at Dannah who's still amazed while looking at the surroundings.

I mean, who wouldn't be? Looking at those things-even though the whole surrounding is somehow dark because this place seemed parking only, yet you could see how spacious it could be. There are some glowing lights around indicating different doors leading to unknown to us since we just discovered this place, and yeah, this one is really spacious than what I was expecting it to be.

"Kaninong bahay ito?" Tanong ko lalo na't mukha itong napaghandaan. I mean, at this kind of home, this isn't something that can be done in just a year since. . . it seemed as if everything is here already!

As I looked at Farrah when I didn't hear any answer from my question. She's smirking once my eyes stopped at her, and when she felt it, she looks at me, "You'll see," She even winked at me that made me rolled my eyes. Pabitin.

As the armored truck stopped somewhere, when I turned my attention back in front, a person is wearing a PPE suit waving a flag-covering the body with such gray something. Since Farrah turned on the rear light earlier, we could see its mask and goggles on its face even though the suit covers the person's hair, but can't be identified if this is a man or a woman.

Turning off the engine as Farrah looked at us, "Okay, let's get you checked," She said as her getting her gun didn't escape in my sight in which I just shrugged it off.

We opened the armored truck by our side as we get out from it. Pagkalabas ay may naghihintay sa aming tulad ng aming nakita ay nakasuot rin ng PPE suit kung saan nagulat ako nang may itapat ito sa kanilang noo kasabay ng pag ilaw noon, bago lumipat sa iba kung saan nagtataka rin kung para saan iyon.

Farrah's voice echoed, "Temperature checker. Since if you got bitten or scratches, your temperature will turn higher as if you're feverish even though your body is feeling cold, and you're fine," She said as she looks at me to confirm what I'm feeling which, I nodded my head.

I'm feeling the same, yet only mild since they've got it controlled.

And when it's my point, the different color appeared in the checker-red, which indicates that my temperature is high right now. The person with PPE was about to hold me when. . .

"Halt, I got it already," Farrah's voice echoed that made the person stop as it turned to step back as if following Farrah's order.

I thought it's now done, but then, Farrah's voice echoed in our hearing, followed by the cocking sound of the gun.

"So tell us, who's the traitor among all of you?" Farrah said as she pointed her guns to us, and at her back, different people. . . who's wearing the PPEs, are holding a weapon which welcomed us and. . . those guns are pointing at us.

As when we saw other people who are matching to our place. They aren't wearing the same PPEs just like these guys, but looking at them. . . the outfit they're wearing indicates that they're the one who works on laboratories. White laboratory coat, goggles, and surgical mask indicate one thing, whether they are the doctors. . .or the scientists.

"This isn't an easy welcome, my dear. Bring them to the basement for questioning, and the injures will come with me," The familiar voice said that made my eyes widened in shock, as from my peripheral vision, Farrah who's watching my expression, laughed when she saw how shocked I am.

She's in her late forties, yet her face seemed as if she's around 30 years old. Her chocolate brown hair is in a bob cut-so much change from the long wavy hair she has last time I saw her when I was a child. But her hair only shows how she looks braver than before.

Her flawless skin-with little wrinkles at the sides of her eyes, couldn't be mistaken that even though she looks as if she hasn't got enough sleep for days, her beauty is still beaming-the reason the mad scientist was once very attracted to this woman in front of us. She's smiling at us, but you can't deny the dangerous glint on her eyes as if she's cautious about our appearance here. I couldn't stop myself, especially once they reached our place.

"Mama Hyacinth?!" I said as my tone lifted a little, especially when she removed her goggles and mask, showing how she's smiling warmly at me, yet when her eyes transferred at those people at my back- at our companions, her eyes suddenly turned sharp in which I know that everyone would be scared while looking at her.

"We're sorry, my dears, but we're under the strict policy, and all of you need to attend all of it. For the sake of my people's safety, we must do it." She said so bravely and courageously as she is-the reason why I always look up to this woman.

Kaya't nagtataka talaga ako kung bakit si Farrah ang anak nito.

Kidding.