CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

"Anyway, let's go," Mama Hyacinth said as I nodded my head slowly; I still couldn't believe what I just heard, but what can I do? Nothing will happen if I will choose to panic.

We need to be sensible, be calm, and think of a plan to save them.

Hindi kami dapat mag aksaya ng oras dahil bawat minutong lumilipas, and posibilidad na sila na ang pag eksperimantuhan ay malaki, lalo na't alam ni Mr. Fajardo na sila mismo ang huling nakasama ni Farrah.

Siguradong pag iinitan sila ng mga scientist doon.

"Ae," I woke up from my thoughts when I heard Mama Hyacinth's voice, as when I looked up to her, she's looking back at me with a smile on her face. "Are you ready?" She asked, and the way she asked it brought so many thoughts in my head, as right now, nervousness is the feelings that are leading them all.

Right, before I think of the others, I must think of myself first.

I'm the one who's injured here. . . by a Zombie's scratch. And this isn't something we just put aside.

I gulped my nervousness as I smile as the best way as I could, "Ready na po, puputulin po ba ang daliri ko?" Unsure with the question I just said and. . . I suddenly imagined my left hand without my middle finger. . . I suddenly made a face as its disgust look seemed as if it took note in my mind.

Just before Mama Hyacinth's voice echoed, which made me woke up from reality, "Silly, didn't Farrah told you the cure?" As my eyes widened when I heard what she said. Cure?! There's a fucking cure?

And she saw my surprised expression that's why I saw her laughed, "I see, she didn't." I pouted as in my mind, I'm secretly bashing Farrah for not telling me something this important.

Because I really thought that my middle finger would really be cut na!

"Anyway, welcome to our Laboratory," Mama Hyacinth said that made me look ahead from the door she opened, and from there, I gasped when I saw the white room-as in full white with some big tubes with green something. . . wait, green?

Slime? As a cure? I couldn't help but be disgust because. . . they said slimes contains horrible smell!

As my eyes wander around the whole clean place where it seemed as if people here have hectic schedules, they kept walking back and forth at the room. All of them are wearing their lab gowns, and they have different things to do. May ibang pinaghahalo ang mga liquids, may iba namang mga baril na inaaral. My forehead creased.

Bakit may mga baril? I quickly averted my atention to this when Mama Hyacinth started walking as we followed.

Ang iba'y napapahinto at bumabati sa bagong dating- kay Mama Hyacinth. Right, I remembered that she was once a known epidemiologist because she's part of the team who discovered the cure for the pandemic that happened back then; if I retain it right, it was Coronavirus, and it was really lethal, and no matter how generation have passed, doctors still don't know how to cure people with this disease until Mama Hyacinth and her team happen.

Ang iba rin ay bumabati sa akin kaya't ngumingiti rin ako habang nakasunod sakanila. They lead me towards the end part of this laboratory in which we were welcomed by two scientists who seemed as if studying something under their telescope when we reached their place.

Mama Hyacinth looked at me with a smile in her face, "This is Mr. Alfred and Mrs. Regina Rodriguez," Mama Hyacinth introduced me to those people who seemed married couples who both lowered their mask and smiled at me.

Mrs. Regina Rodriguez seemed as if she's in her late forties, just like Mama Hyacinth. Her black hair is in a lower bun as her chocolate brown eyes stare at me. Sa gilid nito ang kanyang asawa na si Mr. Rodriguez na may tsokolateng buhok at mata at feeling ko ay nasa early fifties. Only that, the man's eyes are lighter than the woman.