CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

It could clearly explain everything just by clearly analyzing the things about what happened.

The van is missing. Shirley's unconscious, and most importantly, Farrah isn't here. It could be that- someone was here and that someone kidnapped Farrah, in which, I know, some of them are thinking about it. It wasn't impossible since we aren't the only people left in this world. Maybe that someone is living here, waiting for an opportunity until survivors reach this place before they will get their resources and use their vehicle to escape.

It is one of the infinite possibilities regarding what's happening in our world, and just what I've said, it's survival.

But in this case...

My best friend betrayed us.

Dali dali silang nagtakbuhan sa lugar kung saan nakapwesto ang walang malay na si Shirley para icheck kung maayos lang ang lagay, nito ngunit ako'y naiwan sa aking pwesto, napako sa kinatatayuan at hindi makapaniwala sa nangyari. What we talked earlier entered my mind as if a dam exploded, making the water inside flood, which spread faster in the place where it is.

"Ae, can I talk to you in private?"

I woke up from my thoughts as I heard Farrah's voice that made me look at her, and just by a single stare at her, I suddenly became confused. Worries gush in my body looking at Farrah's panicking face, in which I saw in her hand that she's holding a walky-talky in which, I think, she used it to talk to her father.

Maybe that explains her troubled expression.

"Yes, of course," I said as I tried to smile at her, hoping that it could lift her mood a bit, but nothing changed in her expression. I sighed as I stood up, just before turning her back and started to walk at the end part of this bus.

Sumunod lamang ako sa kanyang likuran, nagtataka sa kanyang kilos. Right now, she's playing with her fingers that are on her back even though she's holding something with it, and that actions remind me every time she's nervous or panicking a bit.

As she stopped at the end part of this bus where there aren't any people here. Humarap ito sa akin imbis na maupo, ang galaw na nagsasabing sobrang natataranta ito at hindi na niya gugustuhing maupo pa. As I observe her, I couldn't but worry at the actions she's emitting, hoping that it's just one of those little things that she always panics about even before.

"Tungkol saan ito?" Tanong ko sa kanya at nanatili ring nakatayo tulad nya, ngunit sa pagkakataong ito'y nasa harap nya lamang. Farrah bit her lower lip as she averted her gaze on me- an action indicating whether she's debating herself if she'll tell it to me or not. As I patiently waited for her to spill it our.

I wanted to hear the reason why she's this... worried.

Finally, she looked at me and smile, "How badly do you want to go overseas? I mean, we can just stay here in the Philippines, right? Let's build our haven where we would put in there everything that we need, like, plant crops, stock water, and live in the rice field so-" I quickly cut what she's saying.

"Why?" My eyes turned slits as I looked at her. Farrah, I'm now suspicious of your actions.

Maybe she saw through me as she laughed nervously, averting her gaze to me as she answered, "I'm just worried since we need to get pass through Manila. I mean, it's such a crowded place, and it's perilous for us to reach that place," She said as she sighed quickly.

Yes, she's right, however...

"Your father is in Manila," I stated a fact as I continued looking at her. I know that what her father did is something horrible- choosing his mistress over his real family, over the one he pledged his life until his last breath, only resulting in him breaking that promise because of the work he was committed to.