CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"Is everyone ready?" Tanong ni Ash sa lahat. I saw him gave me a glimpse in which I averted my gaze at him. I still couldn't accept it. . . at how he quickly turned his back to me when the truth is, he's the one I was expecting to understand everything.

I just shook my head. I shouldn't think about it. Move on. Kasabay nang sigawan ng aming mga kasama at kaming apat lamang nila Dannah ang hindi nakisigaw sa mga iyon.

"Guilty talaga," Narinig kong. . . hind, parinig ni Peachy na nasa isang tabi habang nakangin ng masama sa akin, at alam kong sinadya niya iyong iparinig sa iba na dahilan upang magsitinginan sila sa akin. Napayuko ako. I wasn't guilty, I just couldn't help but question them at what they're treating me even though I know I don't deserve it.

Ganito pa rin ba ang trato nila kung sakaling malaman nila ang lahat?

But unlike how I don't deserve the treatment they're doing to me, they deserve to know what's about to happen because I don't want to leave them behind- which, Farrah couldn't do because she let the fear conquer her being, the reason why she chose to leave us instead of saving us.

But spare me. I don't want to leave everyone behind. Together, we will survive this apocalypse, just like what I've pledged.

"Let's go," I overhead Ashton said. Now, he's back to the man who's void of emotion. His voice is also back to being a cold man I've met at first. He's back at being the Ashton Petterson I knew back then. I can tell it even though I wasn't looking at him.

Naramdaman kong may humawak sa kamay ko na dahlia upang mapatingin ako dito at nakita ko si Dannah. Ngumiti sya sa akin na ibinalik ko naman ang ngiti sakanya.

And the way she's smiling at me, it was as if she's supporting me with whatever decision I am about to do, as my eyes transferred on her back in which, Damien and Lance are both nodding their head in me, pertaining that I should do it.

For the sake of everyone. . .

Naglakad na sila papunta sa bus at hinintay na makapasok ang lahat. Kami ang nasa huli, hindi alam kung magpapatuloy. I don't know if they will listen to us. . . to me, but I am willing to take a risk for the sake of everyone.

Nang makaakyat ay huminto ako, at sa aking likod ay huminto rin sila Dannah. I'm at the front part of this bus as Shirley and Travis sit in front, as our drivers, and they can't even look at us.

I sighed heavily as I proceeded, "Are you sure that you really wanted to go to Manila?" I made my voice clear so everyone could hear it.

They all stopped walking as they turned to face me. I made sure that my face is void of any emotions as I stare at them, waiting for them to answer, as my eyes turned to look at Ashton, who's not so far from me, looking at me sharply as if observing me based from the stares he's throwing to me.

Hannah's voice echoed in my hearing.

"Bitch, you're now questioning our-" I saw Ashton lifted his hand at the level of his head- a symbol that he's asking Hannah to keep quiet, in which, the woman followed his command.

As slowly, Ashton is walking to our place. With every single step, my heart is gradually beating so fast from the kind of stares he's throwing; it's so sharp as his raven eyes are making me nervous.

"What's with the sudden question? It's our plan right from the start," He whispered dangerously that all of us heard it. Silence followed after he said it as all of them watched us with their owl-like eyes, as my eyes stayed looking at Ashton, who's making his way in front of me.

As he stopped when he's right in front of me, only inches away significantly when he lowered his head a little that made his face equaled with mine, trying to indimidate me. "Why only now, Kaesha?" He's looking at me. . . staring at me with those pair of raven eyes as dark as midnight. I gulped as I bit my lower lip but instead of backing down, I lifted my head in which, the distance between our face became smaller from the action I did.