CHAPTER FORTY-TWO (𝙸𝙸)

ASHTON'S POV

Kaesha's body is shivering while she's driving my motorcycle. I know she's worried about our team but... fuck! I'm concerned about what kind of stupidity act she'll do once our group meets danger!

"Calm down," I whispered into her as her knuckles tighten on a heated grip due to being impatient. I know what she's thinking.

"Tell me, Ashton. H-How could I calm down?" She whispered silently that her voice's shiver due to tears she's fighting. I lost my word; I don't know what to say.

"What if they're in danger? It's my f-fault..." I saw how she bit her luscious lower lip. My hug tightened, but I choose to be silent.

And when she said those words... my world shattered into pieces.

"I'll go with you in exchange for their freedom. Let them go," Malamig, seryoso, at punong puno ng tapang nyang sinabi na para bang wala syang pakialam kung ano man ang mangyari sa kanya, kapalit ng kaligtasan namin.

Nabingi yata ako. What did she say? Can someone fucking tell me what the heck she just said?

"Kaesha... fuck!" Fuck all saints! Fuck all guardian angels! Fuck everyone if they couldn't save this angel! I grabbed both of her arms to grab her attention. "What the fuck are you saying?!" Mariin kong sabi rito. I could feel my heartbeats fast in nervousness and fear... my emotions rising. Fuck, I won't cry in front of them... not that they are watching. Damn.

But when she shook her head, I felt my composure faded. I got out of control of my emotion as I felt a hot liquid in my cheeks. What is it? Tears? Am I crying? Fuck! I don't care!

I look at her, pleading. No, Kaesha. Please. Don't... don't leave me. I'm begging you, please don't. Bawiin mo ang sinabi mo, you're not going with him... with them, because it only means. . .

I'll have to lose you again. I don't want it. Please, stop.

But she didn't speak. Hindi makapaniwalang tumingin ako rito. She smiled... sadly.

I just saw myself hugging her tightly and burrying my face unto her neck... sniffing her sweet scent. I hug her so they won't see my tears that are continuing falling from my eyes.

Damn, life really sucks, right? Because I know I couldn't stop her once her decision was made.

"Come on, baby... We can do this t-together," I said, pleasing. My voice is shaking. I am scared... fuck! Such a gay but fuck, I'm terrified with the thought that I'll lose her again!

"This time, you will s-save me. You, together with our group, will save me," Kahit hindi mo na sabihin, ililigtas kita. Kahit kapalit pa ng buhay ko, babae.

Kinalas ko ang mga taling nakagapos sa aking mga kasama. I couldn't look at them as they're dragged into that laboratory of hell. My heart's shattering in pieces. Fuck, I just couldn't.

Pagkakalas ng nakagapos kay Felix ay mabilis akong nakaramdam ng sakit sa aking kanang pisngi at napaupo sa kawalan ng lakas. I deserved this punch, right?

Marahas nitong tinanggal ang tape sa kanyang bibig tsaka ako dinuro. "You let them again, stupid. You fucking piece of trash!" He's ready to kick me when Blake and Nathan get him away from me. Tumayo si Travis sa aking harapan, jaw clenching and prepared to fight.

"If you were in his situation," he smirked. "You'll let your selfishness and let your companion be killed?" Travis said. Felix chooses to be silent, yet his jaw's still clenching.