Chapter 4

I get on the plane and take my seat near the window. I entertain myself by reading the magazines provided in the seat pocket and wait for the plane to take flight.

An young guy, probably a few years older, sits next to me.
His hair is dark , he has an short fringe, dark eyes and tanned colour skin.
He glances over at me and smiles, showing his teeth.

"Hey there, I'm Trent" He speaks, lifting his headphones off his head.

"Hi, I'm Phobe" I say and smile back.

"Where you going?" He asks.

"Seattle.. Yourself?" I answer.

"Albuquerque ." He chuckles, pulling out his headphones from his bag.

"I feel sorry for you.. Babies crying, kids kicking your seat, Cranky people groaning."

"Thanks alot". He says pouting, then laughs.

We talk about ourselves, he tells me he works as his own boss at an office in Seattle. He also tells me that he'll be in Washington in a few weeks since he has family there. I don't tell him too personal things, so I just tell him about my final high school year and plans for the future.
-
After what feels like hours, I am awaken by Trent.

"There's 20 minutes until we arrive." He tells me. I give him a weak smile and sit up. Noticing him holding a tray of food, he looks down at it and grins.

"I got it for you. Since you were asleep, I knew you'll be hungry once you wake up."

"Thank you." He hands me the tray and I don't know how hungry I am until I take a bite from my wrap.

We soon landed, everyone got up to get their bags and suitcases.
Trent and I walked out together, as I approached outside the airport, he gave me a quick hug.

"Hey we should catch up one day.'' I said, giving him a hug back.

"I'll give you my number" He grins as I pass him my phone, and he types his number.

"I'll give you a call once I've settled in." I tell him as he hands my phone back.

"Well I gotta run, before the next flight takes off without me!" Trent says, grinning.

"Have fun!!" I say and hug him once last time and we say our goodbyes, and he disappears back into the crowded airport.

I look up and I see some girl running towards me. "A-Are you Phobe Williston?" She pants. "Yeah.. I am" I tell her.

"I'm Cassidy Clarks" She says me. "Im here to pick you up."

I smile slightly and look at her. "Yeah, I just need a hand with this bag" I nod to one of my suitcases.

"On it!" She laughs. She has bright blue eyes, and gorgeous blonde curly locks falling to her hips. Her skin is sort of pale but it suits her really well.

We place my suitcases and bags in the boot and take our seats in the car.

"So, wanna head to StarBucks for a coffee or something?" She asks politely.

"Sounds great!" I tell her and were off on the road.

Cassidy seems like a really nice person already, but of course I have to get to know her better to know how she really is.

Once we get out of the car, it's freezing and I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
"If you want you could borrow some of my clothes, I had brought earlier?" She says.

"Its fine really." I smile.

"Oh come on! We're going to be like sisters, don't start an argument." She smirks and hands me a bag. "The clothes would fit you just perfect, don't worry."

I look around and she grabs my arm.
"Your getting dressed in the toilets, don't worry not outside."

I laugh and follow her into StarBucks.
"I'll order for us, you go get changed. Cappuccino??" She asks.

"Hot chocolate" I smile. "I'll pay you back, once I get changed."

"No need, c'mon when I look at you, I freeze." She laughs, I roll my eyes and head to the toilets.

I lock the toilet door, and get changed.
I pull on some tight jeans which I usually wouldn't wear. An knitted sweater and a beanie. It looked really cute. I walked back to Cassidy with the bag containing my clothing in it. She grabs it off me and puts it away in her bag.

"Wow, it suits you better than it'll suit me!" She grins, handing me my hot chocolate.

"Haha, No way!" I tell her.

She shakes her head and we head to a table nearby a window.
I pull out money from my purse and hand it to her.

"Thanks" I smile at her, wrapping my hands around the warm cup.

"No need! I told you! Your the one who's probably had a bad flight.
You need to be treated nicely". We both laugh, I sip my hot chocolate as we head towards a table and take a seat.
We talk about all sorts of random things until we decide on getting back on the road.

After our hot drinks we head out to Cassidy's place, where I'll be meeting the Clarks. I'm really nervous and a bit excited to be honest. My nails dig into my skin of my hand as Cassidy pulls up in the driveway.
I step outside and feel goosebumps over my legs and arms.

Their house is huge! Its not a house..A mansion. The luxury marble house, is beautiful. I drag my suitcases towards the large glass door. An tall lady, wearing a pink dotted apron and with long hair and blue eyes comes running towards me.

"Phobe!" She smiles, showing her perfect white teeth as she wraps her arms around me tight. "Im so happy to see you!! You've grown so much."
Have I seen her before? No, don't think so.

I smile at her and hug her back. "Sorry but when did I last see you, Mrs?" I ask, confused.

"Oh!! Of course! When you were six years old, darling. And please call me Debbie. I don't like to be called Mrs.. I'm not that old" She laughs and winks.

When I laugh along it sounds too fake so I just pull on a smile and look at her.
"Come meet the family!" She holds onto my arm softly and I'm pulled towards the lounge.

There is a little boy watching racing cars on tv, with his fathers arms wrapped around him.

"This is Kevin, our youngest son." She says. His attention is focused on the huge plasma attached to the wall.

"Kevin..Kevin?" Debbie says. Mr.Clarks turns around and grins. He doesn't look really old, he looks like as if his in his early 40's.

"Oh hello dear, I'm Steven" His father stands up, placing Kevin gently besides him. He holds out his hand for a shake and I obey.

"Phobe Williston, great to meet you" I shake his hand, smiling.

"Oh Phobe, maybe we could bake cookies and make cake like we used too, whenever you want!" Debbie says, pulling out framed pictures from a glass cabinet.

"Debbie has been very excited ever since she heard you were coming to stay." Steven laughs.

I grin and hear a phone ring nearby.
"I'll go get it!" Debbie walks off into the kitchen and answers the phone.

"Wonder who it is.." Steven chuckles.

"Kevin say hello to our guest, Phobe.
She'll be looking after you like your brothers and sister."

Two brothers? Groan.
I actually wonder where they are? It'll be nice to introduce myself.

"Hi." Kevin says, eyes still on the tv.
I bend down to reach his level and smile.

"Hey buddy, what you watching there?" I ask, I'm not so good with kids but it's worth a shot.

"The final race of the season!!" He beams at me.

"That sounds cool as! Mind if I join?" I laugh, he nods and scoots over. I take my seat next to him, and his attention is again back to the tv.

Debbie runs back to the lounge, with the phone tightly in her hand. "Steven!Steven, Marge is sick!" She tells him.

"What? Oh god.." He says, I turn to them. "What's wrong Mrs.. Err.. Debbie" I ask.

"My sister Marge is sick and she's taken to hospital gosh we better go and see if she's alright." Debbie grabs her coat from the coat hanger and passes Steven his.

"What? But-." I begin but then Cassidy walks into the lounge, and cuts me off.
"Mom, Aunt Marge is she -" Cassidy gets cut off by Debbie.

"Look we just got to check on her. We'll be back late. Make sure Kevin gets to bed before nine. And make sure Jackson comes home!" She says loudly as she switches her high heels.

"Mom! But we -" Steven interrupts Cassidy.

"We'll see you girls later.. I'll give you a call" He says and they both rush out, leaving Cassidy and I speechless.

-
Hope you guys like this chapter because I've introduced most if the main characters that I'll be mentioning more in the next upcoming chapters :) Please keep reading guys it means alot.
And please note that in a few days I'll be making a fan account based on this book on Instagram , I'll let you guys know bout that later on :) thanks guys for reading xx Pelin