Chapter 44

Recommended Songs-

You found me - The Fray

I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

Apologise - Timbaland

Walking into the business building is like a mind blowing experience. You have workers up early doing their jobs and people greeting you kindly. Steven guides me to the main office where he does his work and organises his company. The room is large and very modern with the window walls and tall statue in the corner. His bookshelf is full of the best and oldest books, I can't help but move along as I read each title of the books placed in the closest row.

Steven coughs, removing me from my doings and pulls on a smile before walking towards me. "Most of these I got from Jackson. These were his favourites..." He trails off and I feel myself soften as his voice slightly cracks. "I'm sure if I give you some, you'll fall in love with them instantly." I give him a simple nod and a smile.

"I always wanted to read most of them." I grin, he smiles back then moves to his marble desk and stands in between it and his leather chair. "Please sit." He instructs to the chairs in front of his desk. I obey him and take my seat, taking in the different things added to make the room look much modern and a little plain.

"So the internship," He begins, bringing his hands together on his lap once he sits. "You'll be basically doing the paperwork, you'll have another intern with you but if course you'll have your own office." He grins as excited runs through my veins.

"My own office? Seriously!?" I smile widely. He nods and continues to speak, "You'll be working maybe from nine thirty to three o'clock. This involves lunch break so which is an hour or so."

"Yeah sure, that sounds great. When do I start?" I look up at him and put my legs together tightly. I'm so excited to be having my own office and being a part of this new job, I cannot explain my excitement and joy right now.

"I heard your heading back to Texas soon for your mother, so when you get back possibly." He stands and walks over to his large widow, where the busy streets of the Seattle city is in view. Steven slides his hands in his pockets and turns back to me.

"I haven't yet booked my flight but I think I will by next-" I begin but Steven cuts me off. "Debbie and I have already arranged your flight. Your mother told us you were coming around soon so we organised it. It sometimes can be hard you know, thought we could help out." He smiles widely as he walks towards where I'm seated. I watch him with my mouth slightly parted and my eyes widen.

"You clearly didn't have to do that." I stand to my feet look up at Steven as I wrap my arms around his tall figure. He seems surprised but hugs me back as he lets out a small chuckle. "We're both glad we can help you, Phobe. You're an bright, young lady with a great future ahead of you."

"Thank you, it means so much... Everything you've done for me, given me a home, an education and another family practically." I tell him, rushing through my words because of my happiness and excitement in me. He pulls away with his huge grin spread across his face, "It's our pleasure. Now don't you want to meet your work partner?". With a nod, Steven leads me outside his office and to the elevator. It's very modern and made out of glass, so as we go down a few levels I watch the cars drive past one after another until the elevator stops at the level Steven had pressed.

Guiding me out of the elevator we pass some offices quite similar to Steven's, but much smaller and less detail. As we approach an office near an information desk, a lady in her mid twenties with her hair in a tight bun, long dark pants with a creamy colour blouse and black high heels rushes over towards us.

"Mr. Clarks, there's someone waiting for you downstairs." She quickly says, pushing back some hair behind her ear. She looks over at me and gives me a small fake smile before turning back to Steven.