Chapter 20

Phobe Point of View.

"Mhhh.. These are delicious!" I bite into a chocolate chip cookie and have a sip from my hot chocolate.
"Isn't it?" Vincent agrees.
We've been walking for hours now, clearly lost but we're having fun just hanging out together.

"Vince, can we have a small break? I feel like my feet are going to fall off." I chuckle, he nods and we sit down on some rocks nearby a safety beach.
"You alright?" He grins and looks over at me.
"Yeah, where are we exactly?" I laugh.
"We'll find out soon." He smirks.
I look up at him and he laughs.
"Just miles away from Seattle that's all."

"Miles!?" I repeat.
"An hour or so." He shrugs, grinning.
"Don't worry I'm not here to steal you and take you back home." He smirks.
"Unless you want me too..That is."
''So you can take me miles away and have us lost, no thanks.'' I smirk back at him, and wrap my hands around my warm cup.
"I was expecting a yes." He pouts.
I roll my eyes and rub my ankle. I jump up and look over at Vincent.
We should keep walking, we'll find a taxi soon." I tell him.
"So you trust the taxi guy but not me?" He teases, following me.

I grab his hand and rush through the small markets, as we reach a busy road Vincent grabs out his phone and dials a taxi number.
"Hello? Yeah, um could you please send one taxi to.." He checks for a street sign, I point over to one that marks the street.
"Jansen Road." He grins, then hangs up a few moments later.

"We have to wait five minutes."
I nod and smile up at him.
"Thanks for coming to Seattle for me, I mean its a long hell trip and.. yeah.. It means alot." I tell him.
"Hey it's no problem, I'll be with you in any second if you just call, even if I'm on the other side of the world." He wraps his arms around me, I give him a tight hug.
"Thank you Vince.." I whisper.

..

We arrive home late that night, as we get out of the taxi it starts to pour.
Vincent and I run onto the path way and sprint to the house, laughing.
Debbie opens the door for us, and her eyes widen as she see's us both.
"Oh darling! You two are going to get sick! I'll fetch you a towel and a couple blankets. Go inside quickly." She orders , as she walks off upstairs.

"We look like we just dived into a pool or something." I comment, pushing my hair away from my face.
"Yuup." He chuckles, looking at me.
"I wonder where Jackson is." I look around then turn to see Vincent facing away.
"I should-". He begins but Debbie cuts him off. "I told you two to get inside, your all wet and need to dry up.
Wouldn't want you guys to get sick." She says, handing us towels and blankets.
"Thanks, Mrs." Vincent says, with a small smile. "Just call me Debbie." She grins. "Now c'mon."

I wrap the towel around me then throw over a blanket. I turn on the tv and switch channels.
Vincent stays quiet, and stays closer to the other end of the couch.
"How's your new boyfriend?" He finally asks. I turn to him,sitting up.
The light from the tv flashes onto his face, to show that his attention is directly to the tv.

"I don't have a boyfriend." I tell him, pulling the blanket closer.
"Not even Jackson?" He says, looking at me.
More goosebumps appear, my heart races. Just then I hear the door slam shut, an tall figure walks in.
Water dripping from his hair and clothes, his eyes bloodshot.
He brings in the smell of alcohol.
His dark eyes meet mine.
Jacksons here.