Client won

Chapter 5 - Client won 

This chapter is rated T 

There is a deep fire brewing between them for the past three months, Lydia doesn't know how to react to it while Kyle knows he wants to act on it. However he too is cautious about rushing Lydia into anything especially because they work so closely together. She knows she is undeniably attracted to him but she can't understand how she could be. Lydia is sitting in her office when Bea comes by.

B: So are you settled in now?

L: Eer...yeah! 

B: So you are Kyle are always working together

L: Yeah he has been very generous at imparting his knowledge. It's not easy to understand the management needs of every client 

B: (sarcastic) Ah yes! He is (emphasizes) very helpful when he wants something

L: (confused) What does that mean?

B: Nevermind if you are as smart as everyone says you are I am sure you will figure it out

L: You know Bea I think we got off on the wrong foot

B: (chuckles) No we got off exactly where we should have

L: Do you have some sort of problem with me?

B: (laughs) You're so naive Lydia

Kyle walks in holding a presentation deck in his hand.

K: Lydia did you proof this deck yet. (Bumps into someone) Sorry Bea I didn't know you were in here

L: (snarky) Yeah Bea likes to show up uninvited to my office

B: Well since I am (inverted commas in the air) uninvited maybe I should just leave

L: Yeah maybe you should

K: (chuckles) Wow! I've never seen you annoyed. You're so fiesty, it is kinda cute

Lydia blushes furiously at his words but can't focus on her growing crush on Kyle. They have to prepare for a meeting with thier clients. 

L: (blushing) So yeah I proofed the deck. I also added a last slide for next steps, thought it would be a nice touch because as much as our clients like our recommendations having the next steps in there makes it real.

K: Great touch Lydia

L: Kyle can I ask you something personal?

K: (cautiously answers) Sure 

L: What is Bea's problem with me? I mean seriously? I haven't done anything to her why does she walk in here giving me crap all the time? It is as if she has a crush on you, somehow she thinks I am getting in between you two. Am I?

K: (awkward chuckle) Haha no nothing like that. (Quickly changes the subject) We should really leave here in ten minutes the drive to Connecticut is not bad but we often get caught up in traffic.

L: Okay let me go freshen up then I'll come to you

K: Okay terrific

As Kyle leaves Lydia's office she can't help but feel like he brushed off her question about Bea. Trying not to dwell on it, she moves on to focus on their upcoming meeting. 

While driving to the clients office Lydia turns up the radio, while Kyle looks at her moving in her seat to the beat of 'I can't feel my face' by Weeknd. He smiles at her watching her with adoration as she lip syncs every word of the song.

L: Never be al...... Oh oh oh oooohhh

Kyle can't help but think about one of this fantasies of Lydia making that exact sound underneath him. He can't help but ogle at the way her lips look so sexy making the 'Oooh' shape, his mind wanders to thinking of her making that shape before she gives him head. 

L: (creased forehead)  Kyle seriously stop spacing out. It's kind of weird 

K: Sorry! Look I know I can be confusing sometimes, I have just been more stressed out lately. 

He dare not tell her his biggest fear is for her to notice the bulge in his pants when he is anywhere near her. He's not sure if she would stop talking to him completely, call him unprofessional, complain about him to their boss or get Human Resources involved. 

K: I really need to unwind, I want you to come out for drinks tonight. 

L: You and Ravi are always going out

K: Is it that obvious?

L: (laughs) Yeah kind of

K: Well today is different. It's Ravi's birthday and he loves to have a lot of people showering him with attention.

L: (sarcastic) Oh thanks for making me feel like just an add on to the crowd

K: (looks at her intensely) You know that is not what I meant. (slowly punctuates each word) I want you to come

Lydia is not sure why but his words send a spark of desire coursing through her body. She replays his words 'I want you to come' repeated in her mind. She can't help think of Kyle saying that to her when she's breathless or panting. She mentally slaps herself to stop thinking about him kissing her, making out with her, getting her undressed slowly as he trails kisses along her neck, shoulder......oh god 'get a grip' she tells herself. She can feel the heat on her face form a blush while the heat coursing through her body settles between her legs in the form of a warm liquid. The rest of the drive they sit there in silence trying to avoid their painful attraction towards each other. 

They work brilliantly together at the client meeting and they score the two year contract they had been seeking. They beam at each other because they are in a really good mood. Kyle texts Ravi to get the group at the usual bar to celebrate. Then he turns to Lydia to ask.

K: So are you going to come? 

L: Huh?

K: (arched eyebrow) For drinks?

L: (cheeky smile) Yeah I think we have earned it, right?

K: We certainly have 

Comments and votes are love people.