Business Trip

Chapter 7 - Business Trip

This Chapter is rated T but has some M content. I have highlighted for safety.

Lydia and Kyle are both extremely awkward at work with each other, both desperately trying to not focus on the fact that had Gio not interrupted them a week ago they would have been headed to either one of their apartments to rip each other clothes off before making wild passionate love to each other. They are hardly ever  working alone on a client while in the office. Most often Ravi is with them but on occasion the whole team joins them. 

Kyle feels additionally awkward around Lydia because he can't believe he grunted her name out while having sex with another woman. Embarrassed at his inability to control his emotions for her, as well as knowing at some point he needs to address their almost hook up at the bar he finally asks Lydia if she wants to join him for lunch via messenger. 

 She is hesitant at first, being alone with him brings up all kinds of memories but she finally agrees knowing that she wants to address what almost happened with them at the bar. She knows what she wants to say to Kyle but she also knows talking about it openly won't allow any one of them to hide from their feelings any longer. After a minute she confirms that she will join Kyle but she reminds him they both have to be back at two for the client that is meeting them in the office, so they need to be quick.

Kyle gets into the lift first while a running Lydia just manages to just make it in before the doors shut. Her breathing is a bit ragged as her tries to fix herself before turning around to look at Kyle.

L: (shy) Hey

K: (smirk) Hey

They walk quitely to the French restaurant, 'Pain' for lunch. As the sit down she finds herself fidgeting with her fingers smiling coyly at Kyle. She hides her hands between her legs so he doesn't see how nervous she is. He too is awkward around her, he warns himself not to get excited by her close proximity but when she flashes him her thousand volt smile he can't help but light up on the inside. 

Back at the office Bea gets very jealous when she finds out Kyle is taking Lydia to lunch. The only reason she does is because she waltzes in Kyle's office to leave him some print outs he had asked her for. It is no surprise that Kyle had forgotten to close his instant messenger with Lydia which allows Bea to read their conversation. As short as it was is still makes Bea tremendously jealous and she slams the papers against his desk, running out of his office. 

Violet who has seen Bea going in, going through something on his computer then stomp out in a fit of rage turns to Ravi who is standing at her desk.

V: Hahaha! This is better than a soap opera about to unfold

Back in the restaurant both of them make light conversation deflecting talking about Lydia nibbling on Kyle's ears, him pushing her against the wall ready to attack her lips, her rubbing up on him at the bar.  Then suddenly he gets a call on his blackberry from Francois stating that they have to do something additional for the meeting at two so their already tight lunch gets cut even shorter. As they walk back to the office their hands graze against each other, then in a somewhat bold move Kyle grabs her hand lightly squeezing it, looking at her just before squeezing it as they walk back into their office building causing her to widen her eyes as a spark runs through her body.

Their meeting with the client at two goes very well and he wants them to join him tomorrow morning in Washington D.C. to meet his team. It is Lydia's first business trip since she started, they are both excited to be going together but having Ravi there will be a good buffer between them.  Ravi is the most senior person on Kyle's team but besides that he has also been working on this client for months.