Ignoring you ignoring me

Chapter 13 - Ignoring me ignoring you 

This chapter is rated T for content 

The next few weeks Kyle and Lydia continue to ignore each other. Kyle notices she hasn't made any attempt to come to him to apologize either. He is livid at himself for being so conflicted about her. On one hand he wants to banish her out of his life completely but he knows they need to work together so he can't, on the other hand he wants to lock her in the closet and fuck her hard till she screams his name then tells him she is his and that she will dump her fiancé for him.

Lydia is sitting at her desk when she hears a knock on her door she secretly hopes it is Kyle but when Gio enters she has a slightly disappointed look on her face.

L: Oh hey Gio it's you.

G: Yup just me. Were you expecting someone else?

L: No not at all. Come in.

G: Hey Lydia how are you feeling?

L: I am fine thanks for asking.

G: Okay good you just seem so down. Sort of out of it for the last few weeks.

L: Tyler is in town so I have been a bit distracted.

G: You should be happy then right?

L: Yeah I guess it's just we are going through a tough time.

G: Are you okay? I can always kick his ass if he treats you badly.

L: It's not Tyler. Well it is but it is both of us .....well it's complicated but he loves me he would never treat me badly. We just.....it's very complicated and I don't want to think about it.

G: Yeah okay sure. Just know if you do need someone to talk to, I am always her for you.

L: You are sweet you know that? You are like the younger brother I never had.

G: Okay! I would have been happy with good friend but I'll take younger brother too. (Flashing a big smile)

They both laugh, then Gio proceeds to ask Lydia some work related questions which she provides clarity on. Before he leaves her office she calls out to him.

L: Wait Gio I wanted to talk to you. I know it's only been a few months but you've really showed me that you have  mastered your role and I think it's time we get you involved in more meetings with the clients. 

G: (surprised)  Really? Wow! Yes that would be great

L: Yeah I think it would be good for you to learn from Kyle's team too. I'll start sending you to more of his meetings.

G: Wow! I don't know what to say

L: Just keep doing a good job like you have been doing and everything will be fine.

G: I am so glad I work for you Lydia. You are the best boss.

L: You earned it Gio.

G: Thanks for saying that, you know everyone thinks because I am the Executive President's son that I am a spoilt brat. What they don't know is my parents spilt up when I was six years old. My mom had to work while my dad was always traveling, having his affairs and was basically an absentee parent. My mom brought me and my brother up to be humble, to work hard and that's why we don't take anything for granted. 

Lydia is stunned, she can't believe Gio had to go through that at such a young age. She tries to hold back the tears but he continues to speak.

G: I even went to school on a football scholarship (snickers) I even waited tables through college. Although my dad was more than happy to pay. I just didn't want to disappoint my mom so I never used a dime of what he gave me.

Lydia just looks at him still soaking in how very easily people even Kyle just pegged him as an entitled brat when in reality he is the opposite of that. She is so proud of him. She walks over to give him a hug when Beatrice walks in.

B: (smirking) Sorry I didn't know I was walking in on a private moment.

L: What do you want Bea?

B: Oh it's just that Kyle wanted me to call you for our meeting right now which your fifteen minutes late for. (Looking at Gio) But I guess hugging your boss is more important.

Lydia snarls as she replies to Bea.

L: Tell Kyle we will be there in a minute.

Bea smirks leaving the two of them alone. She can't wait to cause more problems between Kyle and Lydia. She walks into the conference room to see an agitated Kyle look up at her.

K: Where the fuck is she?

B: (beaming from side to side) Gio was just copping a feel off her when I entered.

Kyle is raging underneath his callous demeanor. He always suspected Gio liked Lydia, now that Kyle has stopped pursuing her he imagines how the little shit has gotten closer to her. Just as those thoughts swirl in Kyle's head Lydia walks in with Gio right behind her. Ravi nor Violet are amused by Bea's comment but they know Kyle probably wants to beat the shit out of him. 

In an extremely agitated tone Kyle addresses Lydia.

K: Lydia in the future could you keep your personal time with Gio off working hours so that you don't suck time out of my meeting. 

Ravi, Bea and Violet are shocked by Kyle's harsh words. Then Gio steps in annoyed by Kyle's words to try to defend Lydia, just as he starts to speak Lydia stops him.

G: You know what Kyle.....(Lydia puts her arm on Gio's arm to stop him)

L: It is not even worth it Gio. 

K: (stands up from his chair)  What the hell is that suppose to mean?

L: Gio can you cover for me? I have a lot of other work I need to complete today.

With that Lydia walks out of the conference room ignoring Kyle completely. Kyle is even more annoyed that she just dismissed him in front of his team but he isn't going to let her get away with that.

G: So shall we start?

Kyle nods then Ravi proceeds to take Gio through the plan for this client while Kyle is million miles away thinking about how he is going to punish Lydia for humiliating him in front of his team.

The next few weeks Lydia does everything she possibly can to avoid Kyle. He notices she is missing from some meetings when he asks Gio where she is he just tells Kyle she has another meeting conflict at the same time so that he will be attending the meetings instead.

Kyle is miserable because he doesn't get to see Lydia or work with her as much. When they do meet she makes sure Gio is with her and she avoids all eye contact with him. 

Three weeks later Kyle can't take not being around her he thinks she is going to leave the company because of him and that thought frightens him. Kyle decides he is going to go talk to her in her office but she isn't there, then he makes his way to Gio's cubical to find he isn't either. 

Images of the two of them plague his mind but he tries to shake them off. With all the mindless sex he has had trying to get over Lydia none of it has worked,  but thinking about her for one second with Gio has him seeing red. Bea who always has an eye on Kyle gets in front of him then speaks.

B: If your looking for Lydia or Gio they are not here. I saw them leave together.

K: Did they say where the were going?

B: No but probably went to get some privacy, if you know what I mean.(winks) 

Kyle is livid he just walks away thinking this is going  to blow up one day. She can't continue to play with his feelings like its a harp. He is so mad at her, he thinks she is a bitch for leading him on but he also feels possessive of her. Angry at the thought of anyone else touching her. 

Little does he know that Lydia cries herself to sleep every night thinking about her past with Tyler how they are in this horrid holding pattern in their relationship that they never seems to break. Then when she thinks of Kyle she feels pain too she thinks he must hate her. She cries harder at the thought, her sobs keep flowing. She needs to get out of there.

Vote and comment. I love hearing from the lovely readers.