Backlash

Chapter 19 - Backlash

This chapter is rated T but has some steaminess.

At the pub while the usual group is hanging out Ravi gets an email from Francois which reads.

Hey Ravi,

Sorry I could not talk to you in person I am on my way to Norway to keep a client. I promise there will be plenty of opportunities. Lydia was just a better fit for this circumstance in Asia. I know you are a real good team player and will want what is best for the company.

Best

F

Ravi bangs his hand on the table annoyed that Kyle has chosen Lydia for his partner in Asia.

V: What's up Ravi why are you pissed?

R: I don't know Violet maybe because Kyle is taking Lydia with him to Asia.

V: What? He is taking her? When did you find out?

R: I don't know Francois just messaged me.

V: Was it Kyle's decision?

R: I don't know Vi but you see the way he looks at her.

B: How does he look at her?

R: Seriously Bea? Are you still into him? Or are you just blind?

B: What? No way I am very happy with my boyfriend.

V: (sarcastic) Oh really?

Bea walks a bit away from Ravi and Violet but is still close enough to hear what they are saying. Ravi speaks in an extremely annoyed tone.

R: You see it don't you Vi? You see what's happening right?

V: (confused) What's happening? 

V: He follows her around like a love sick puppy. He never comes out for bro night anymore.

V: Ravi I think you should talk to him. Look he always depends on you it could not have been his choice.

R: Well if it wasn't he didn't fight for me like he should have.

V: I'm sure there is a reason she's going and not you.

R: Yeah because he wants to get his dick sucked every night. That's why.

V: (shocked) Ravi!

R: Sorry that was mean I don't know what came over me.

V: Look I get that you are pissed. Just talk to him. You guys make a great team but you are also really good friends. Your bromance doesn't escape anyone.

Bea starts to breathe hard almost getting a panic attack at hearing Ravi's words. She starts thinking about Kyle getting intimate with Lydia. It's an image she has been haunted by since Lydia first started but now that they are traveling thousand of miles away to a foreign land together she knows this could become a reality.

She is determined to stop anything from happening between the two of them. She bravely starts walking towards Lydia who is sitting on a barstool talking to someone from the technology team, then Bea spots Kylestanding right by her. She stares at them looking for any sign of closeness then much to her dismay she finds it. Kyle is caressing his thumb on her  thigh as the rest of his fingers are gently playing with the hem of her dress. The action seems innocent enough but he looks dottingly at Lydia which gets to her. 

Beatrice tries to calm herself down, her head fluttering with sexual scenarios they have both engaged in. Determined to break this love fest of theirs up she waits for her opportunity when Lydia excuses herself to go to the loo. Then she follows in after her. After Lydia is done washing her hands she looks up at mirror to see Bea standing right behind her.

B: (cold tone) Hi Lydia!

L: (startled) Hi Bea. Gosh you scared me half to death.

B: Let me just warn you Lydia, Kyle loves the chase but after he's had you for a while he will get over it, then move on to the next girl.

L: (shocked) Sorry what did you say?

B: You heard me Kyle loves the chase. It is a huge ego head game to him then once he gets his fill of you he will disappear.

L: (clears her throat) I think you have misunderstood the situation Bea.

B: I understand perfectly well, after all I was one of those girls.

Lydia is in shock as Bea walks right passed her. Bea wears a wicked smile as she leaves the loo. Lydia feels a sharp pain in her gut then she just wants to get the hell out of there. As she is making her way out of the bar Kyle spots her, he grabs her hand.

K: Where are you going?

L: (barks) Home!

K: Okay I'll get my coat.

L: No need why don't you stay here enjoying the company of your previous....(huffs) never mind!

Lydia starts to walk faster out if the pub but Kyle catches up to her with grabbing her arm while turning her around to face him.

K: What's wrong with you?

L: Just leave me alone Kyle.

K: Are you on your period? I don't understand your erratic behavior.

L: (teeth grinding) Eeerr......seriously?

K: (still holding her hand) Lydia wait!

She tries to struggle then he pulls her closer pressing his lips against hers. He can feel her let go giving into the ignited passion between them. She grabs his head pulling him closer waiting to keep him close to her, then he breaks up the kiss.

K: Not here, there are too many coworkers, let me get my coat and we can ride home together. Don't move okay?

L: (breathless) Okay.

Kyle rushes to get his stuff throws some money on the table for his drinks then starts to make his way out. As he moves through the crowd he sends a message to Ravi.

K: Hey Ravi have to head out. Left money on the table, for Ly and me. Can you let me know if I owe you anything tomorrow? Thanks man!

Ravi sighs as he reads Kyle's text message then shows Violet the message as he speaks.

R: Like I said.....every night!

Violet just holds his shoulder as she comforts him, then speaks.

V: Don't worry there will be other chances Ravi.

R: Yeah sure! But just because she is some hot piece of ass that he is infactuated with doesn't mean he should take her.

Feedback is love thanks lovely readers.