The Visit

Daa daa dum 

Chapter 10 - The visit (above picture of Tyler)

This chapter is rated T for content

T: Ly you are a life saver, thank you thank you thank you.

L: Don't worry about it Tyler she's like a sister to me.

T: She's my little pain in the ass sister but I love you for agreeing to this.

L: Ofcourse it's not a problem. When will you be back?

T: Next Tuesday I hope, if everything goes fine.

L: Tyler please be safe.

T: You too baby, you're the best. I love you!

L: Me too, so I'll make a new key for her.

The day goes by fast Kyle had barely gotten a glimpse of Lydia but she is constantly on his mind. He would like nothing more than to take her into the office supply closet, lock it, grab her forcefully and kiss her deeply while his hands roam her body without hesitation. He can't help but try to pass by her office a few times to talk to her but she always has someone in there or she is on the phone. 

At the end of the day Lydia grabs her bag to head out then Violet stops her in tracks.

V: Hey there roadrunner, where is the fire?

L: (chuckle) Sorry I have to get home I have a visitor staying with me.

V: Oh really, is he hot?

L:  (giggles) Actually it's a girl.

V: Totally up my alley.  Is she hot?

L: Yes actually! But unfortunately she is as straight as a ruler.

V: (clicks her lips) Rulers can bend.

L: (smiles) Sorry babe she is off limits, atleast under my watch.

V: Seriously! Who is that important that you are ditching drinks?

L: (rushing) It's my fiancé baby sister, she will be at my apartment at any moment I need to rush home, bye!

Before a very shocked Violet can respond Lydia bolts out of there. Violet is unsure how to handle this potentially volatile situation, she knows she can't tell Bea, how she would taunt them for ever befriending Lydia so she goes to confide in Ravi.

R: Are you fucking kidding me?

V: I know I can't believe it myself.

R: Are you sure you heard right?

V: Yes I am sure Ravi she said Fiancé, it is not a easy word to confuse with something else.

R: (runs his hands through this hair) Kyle! He is going to be so fucking pissed.

V: (under her breath) More like distroyed.... Ravi I don't know if we should say anything.

R: Are you kidding me? We have to say something, that little bitch has been stringing Kyle along. Vi we have to tell him, that is non- negotiable.

V: Well she does have a huge ring around her finger how have we never noticed it before? I mean any of us?

R: (arched eyebrow) How has Kyle not noticed it before?

V: Maybe because he is busy starring at her face, or rather her lips....or...

R: Or her rack.

V: (giggles) She does have a nice rack.

R: You are not crushing on her too are you?

V: What? Absolutely not! She is not my type.

R: This is really screwed up Vi. I swear I almost caught them making out. Not to mention she was so sexy in her little boy shorts in Washington, I felt like a third wheel with the two of them. Not sure if anything actually happened but it looked like it was about to. How could she do this to Kyle?

V: Kyle's awesome but he is our boss I don't want to butt into his personal life.

R: Should I? I mean we are buddies. We have gone on the prowl together a few times. 

V: No...I don't know. Maybe we should just very casually say Lydia couldn't make drinks because she is entertaining her Fiancé's sister. Oh god, fiancé.

R: He's going to freak out maybe I should ask you where she is and we can play it off really cool.

V: Yeah good idea, but we need a plan. So we don't get weird and chicken out.

With that they continue to the plan the releasing of information to their much adored boss who they believe will be a bit shattered with this news.

Later that evening, Kyle is scanning the bar waiting for Lydia to arrive. He does not want to directly ask where Lydia is but he is missing her little body close to his. He sends her a text message when he can't find her.

K: You joining us tonight? We are all at the bar.

He doesn't hear back because her phone is in her purse while she is in the kitchen making dinner with Tyler's sister. Ravi is a bit nervous to bring up his rehearsed skit with Violet to reveal information about Lydia, but then Violet raises her eyebrows nudging him to stick to their plan.

R: Hey Violet where is Lydia?

Kyle is relieved that someone other than him asked the question. He tried his best not to look too curious but his teammates can tell his ears perk up on hearing her name.

V: She said she had to go home early to entertain her guest?

Kyle sips his drink curious to who the guest is then Ravi probes wondering if Violet is going to chicken out of their plans.

R: (nonchalantly) Guest! Interesting maybe it's family?

Violate knows this is their chance so she can't turn back now, with a lump in her throat she says

V: Eer... I think she said it was her fiancé's sister who was staying with her.

Kyle almost chokes on his drink as he hears the words coming out of Violet's mouth. As he continues coughing Ravi smacks his back so he can breath again.

R: You okay there mate?

K: Eer...fine my drink just went down the wrong pipe.

To ease the obvious tension and shock on Kyle's face Ravi continues to probe Violet.

R: I didn't know Lydia was engaged.

K: (shocked and annoyed) Yeah me neither.

V: Well to be honest neither did I but when I looked at her finger she had a solid rock on it. Can't believe I missed it this whole time.

K: (sarcastic tone) Yeah me too.

In an  attempt to subtlety distract Kyle Ravi offers to get him out of here where the rest of the team along with some other coworkers are so he can be there for Kyle if needed.

R: Anyway so what are the plans tonight? After this bar? Kyle you want to go to the bar by your place?

Kyle obviously hurt can feel his anger rising but he doesn't want to show his team his emotions so in a stoic tone he says.

K: Hey I think I'm going to head home. I  don't think the sushi I ate for lunch agreed with me so I am just going to call it a night. 

V: Yeah sure boss.

K: See you tomorrow guys.

Violet puts her arm around Ravi as they both look on a hurt Kyle exiting the bar in somewhat of a hurry.

Kyle gets into the train wearing a run over expression on his face. Once is he out and on the way to his apartment he calls up his best friend Cole for advice.

Your opinion matters what do you think of this chapter?