The fight

Chapter 24 - The fight

FYI- I love Italia and Robbie together so using them as my cast was because I think they are both gorgeous. No offense intended to the lovely couple. 

This chapter is rated T

Tyler drives them back to their apartment. The ride is plauged with awkward silence. Finally  Tyler decided to break the tension.

T: So Ly are you excited about going to Asia?

L: (nods) Hmmm..hmm

Tyler is disappointed that she won't open up to him, tell him what she is thinking. On the other hand Lydia can't wait to get out of the car but Tyler grabs her hand as they are driving.

T: Hey are you alright?

L: (rolls eyes) Whatever Tyler

Lydia pulls her hand away from him running towards their apartment as he parks the car. She gets in their room, changing her lingerie, clothes and lightly brushing up her make-up. Once she is pleased with what she sees in the mirro she takes a deep breath then texts Kyle.

L: Still want me to pop by?

A nano second later he responds.

K: Yes. I am waiting.

L: On my way.

Lydia starts to walk towards the main entrance of their apartment grabbing her house keys from the corner key holder. She puts on her peacoat and ready to turn the door knob to exit but not before Tyler stops her by putting his body between hers and the door.

T: Hey!

L: (slightly annoyed) What's up?

T: You seem annoyed at me.

L: (sarcastic) Really? Why would you say that?

T: Because you have been giving me the cold shoulder ever since we got to that damn barbeque.

L: Well why do you think that could be Tyler? 

T: Are you seriously annoyed that I got along with everyone. 

L: It is not that Tyler. You just can't stop yourself can you?

T: What are you talking about?

L: (rolls eyes) Really?

T: Are you annoyed about that girl Bea?

L: (confused) Huh?

Lydia was so busy avoiding Kyle and Tyler she had t noticed Bea at all.

T: (arched eyebrow) Well she was a little too friendly if you know what I mean.

L: What? Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised she is a leach. But I am not mad about that.

T: Ok now I am really confused.

L:  Since you insist on playing dumb, why do you have to make yourself seem like mother Teresa?

T: What are you talking about?

L: Your job! Everyone falls in love with you when you tell them you are saving the world. After that anything anyone else says seems small, petty and just irrelevant.

T: Lydia they asked me what I do for a living, I mean what was I suppose to say?

L: I don't know Tyler but the minute you say Red Cross it's like everyone falls at your feet. You make people feel like they are wasting their life and somehow yours is more important.

T: (annoyed) Are you seriously jealous of the attention I got?

L: What? No!

T: Deny it all you want but I really didn't think you would be so petty Lydia. Jealous of the attention your fiancé gets from your coworkers. 

L: (frustrated cry) Aarrgh! You are so annoying I need to go get some fresh air.

T: Stop running away.

L: I can't look at you right now Tyler.

T: Fine! By the way that guy Kyle has a thing for you.

L: (expression goes soft on hearing Kyle's name) What? That is utter rubbish!

T: I don't think so, he couldn't take his eyes off you. 

L: You are delusional.

T: I don't think I am and e fact that you are reacting so strongly only confirms that you know he has a thing for you.

L: Whatever Tyler I am not in the mood to fight. Just leave me alone.

T: That girl Bea told me she dated him back years ago but things didn't work out.

L: I can't believe Bea told you that, she is ridiculous .

T: Well you weren't talking to me so I am glad she was. 

L: What the hell is that suppose to mean? If you weren't charming the pants off everyone you would have actually had a second to talk to me.

T: You think I give a shit about them?

L: Whatever I have to go.

T: Be careful Lydia I know when a guy is interested in you, he is!

L: (sarcastic) Okay dad!

Circling her hips with his arm while pushing himself closer closer towards her. He dips his head down getting ready to kiss her.

T: I love you Lydia I don't want anyone to make you uncomfortable or hurt you.

Lydia looks at him confused, she knows Tyler loves her but she can't understand why he all of a sudden so concerned. She pushes him back then gets mean.

L: Sure! You love me so much Tyler you are never home and when you are you wont touch me. (Screams) You make me uncomfortable. You hurt me.

T: Lydia...let's talk about this (but she walks out slamming the door on him).

L: No I need to get some air. Don't follow me.

Tyler looks are the corner  table which has an old photo of them two of them when they were happy. He looks at the picture and smiles before he mutters to himself.

T: I love you Ly. I will do everything I can to keep you baby.

She has tears streaming down her eyes as she walks towards Kyle's apartment. She takes a few breathes to compose herself then she calls him to say she's outside.

K: I am in apartment 6A go to the door I'll buzz you in.

Above is the photo Tyler was looking at when Lydia leaves. What do you think is going to happen?