Phone Call to Bestie

Chapter 23 - Phone call to bestie

The Chapter is rated T but has some coarse language so read at your own risk.

Cole calls up Kyle waiting to find out what is up with his best friend. He has never heard Kyle so nervous. Kyle smiles sees Cole's number light up his phone.

K: Hey Cole! Glad you called.

C: What the fuck is going in with you? You don't call or text anymore? Really ridiculous Kyle.

K: Sorry man.

C: Fuck you sorry isn't good enough! You disappeared for weeks, what the fuck?

K: Sorry man, I'm prepping to go to Asia on business.

C: Ok well that's great congrats! 

K: Wait there's more.

C: (hums) You finally laid that chick at work Linda?

K: Eer no, her name is Lydia. 

C: Yeah whatever.

K: She has a fiancé.

C: Ok I wasn't expecting that but yeah and? When has that stopped you before?

K: It's different with this girl, she's so hot but it's not just how she looks. I like her, she is really smart, ambitious, I really respect her and care about her opinion, what she thinks about me. Besides she does something no other girl has, she calls me out on my shit.

C: (laughs) Ok I have to meet this girl now. She puts you in you place terrific! 

K: Yeah I know it's weird I am always kind of nervous around her. I don't want to say or do something stupid.

C: Do you hear yourself Kyle you sounds like a fucking greeting card.

K: You are just saying that because you don't like anyone. (Chuckles) You like everyone at the same time.

C: Yeah can't help it. There is just too much of me for one girl. (Smirking) I got to spread the love.

K: You bastard! So our boss, Francois wants her to come with me to Asia.

C: Great! You can finally get some there without her boyfriend in picture.

K: I met him today.

C: What the fuck? For a threesome I hope?

K: Eww disgusting....no. We all had to go to my bosses Barbeque maybe I should have just taken Cindy or someone. Anyway he seems like a decent bloke so it was really awkward.

C: Okay stop! Where is my best friend and what have you done to him?

K: (confused) Huh?

C: You sound like a love sick school boy. (Teasingly) Do you love her? (making kissing sounds) Do you want to ride into the sunset with her...(laughs)

K: Fuck you Cole.

C: Man up Kyle. Go after what you want and for Christ sake stop sounding like a whipped puss..(interrupts)

K: What am I supposed to do? Cole I've never been so unsure in front of a girl before. She affects me, I care what she thinks and feels all the time.

C: Okay listen to me....you should.......(whispers into the phone).

K: (blushes) No way! What if she gets mad at me, slaps me or something.

C: She wants you right?

K: Yeah I think so, I mean I never know with her she blows hot and cold all the time.

C: Well take my advice if you want her to blow you.

K: (smirks) Clever one Cole but I don't know that seems a bit bold don't you think?

C: Yeah it is, but where has being Mr. Patient gotten you?

K: I don't know Cole.

C: Trust me it's tried and tested almost fail safe my man.

K: I'll think about it.

C: Great while you're thinking about it she is knocking boots with her boyfriend instead of you.

K: I don't think that is the case.

C: Well you don't really know do you?

K: I have a pretty good idea they have problems.

C: Okay seriously! I am so bored of this conversation right now. I want you to grow a pair and take control of the situation. You sound like you did in freshman year of college when you were pinning over Rebecca Wentworth.

K: (laughs) Rebecca Wentworth now that is a name I haven't heard in a while. God I was so dumb back then.

C: Well you are being dumb now and as your best friend I can't let that happen....(laughs) again.

K: Okay I'll keep you posted about her. Also I am pretty sure Ravi hates me.

C: (smiles) Ravi my man....I really like that guy. Wait why does he hate you?

K: Because he thinks I chose Lydia over him to accompany me to Asia when infact I picked him. I did not even think Lydia was a choice it was Francois who wanted her to accompany me because she's great with the clients and he said some rubbish like he needs a soft touch like a woman.

C: Fracois sounds retarded. What the fuck is soft touch? She is not touching the clients is she? 

K: Fuck off she isn't touching anyone. It just seems like everything I do backfires.

C: Dude just tell Ravi you picked him but Francois over ruled you.

K: Why would you say that? Ofcourse she doesn't touch anyone. Fuck you Cole.

C: Sorry didn't mean to offend your fridgit princess there. You are right, it seems like she doesn't touch anyone including you.

K: Fuck off! You think this is funny? It is not Cole.

C: Ok jokes aside. Will you stop trying so hard to contemplate every possible angle? Just go for it man. I love you like a brother but we can't have this conversation again. Next time you text me you better have gotten laid by this chick.

Kyle sighs on the other side of the phone knowing he has been acting completely contrary to his usual calm collected confident demeanor.

C: Good luck on your travels. Now go get some!

What do you think of Cole? Do you want to read more about him? Next chapter has some drama followed by steaminess. Who is excited?