Drinks at O'Luney's

Chapter 12 - Drinks at O'Luney's

This chapter is rated T for content 

Side note: Vi is pronounced as 'V'

They next day is Violet's birthday and she sends a message to everyone on the team to join her for a drink after work? Violet who has been a silent but keen observer knows how miserable both her boss Kyle and Lydia her budding friend are, she decides she should get them to make up, whatever it takes. 

The very obviously avoidance at the office is causing some awkwardness on the team. She stops by Lydia's office when she doesn't reply.

V: Hey Lydia I hope you plan on coming out with us for drinks tonight.

L: That's right Happy Birthday Vi. (Gets up to hug Vi) I saw the email you sent out. Not sure I can...(gets interrupted)

V: (annoyed) Don't you dare make some rubbish excuse. You've been avoiding us especially Kyle for the last few weeks.

L: It's not that I've just have a lot of personal issues going on.

V: That's why you need a drink honey, loosen up your so tightly wound up right now you look like you could pop.

L: Close the door Vi, (serious tone) is it that obvious?

V: Eer....yeah I don't know what's going on between you two but you need to figure it out. Gio and Kyle give each other death stares in meetings. The rest of the team is stressed out Ravi won't even say your name in front of Kyle and he's warned us not to do the same. 

L: (shocked) What the hell is wrong with him?

V: Ravi? He's always crazy with all the women he sleeps with I'm confident he looses part of his brain everytime he finds a new bimbo.

L: (chuckles) No I mean Kyle.

V: Well not sure he's been taking the other way to go to the men's loo so he doesn't have to pass your office. Seriously what the fuck happened between you two?

L: Nothing happened, he hates me.

V: Why?

L: I don't want to talk about it.

V: Well for what it's worth I don't think so, in fact I think he likes you....a lot.

L: You're wrong Vi.

V: Okay then all the more reason to go out for a drink. You don't have to run home to your fiancé do you?

L: No he's traveling this week on business.

V: Come on pleeeease.....for me birthday (puppy dog eyes).

L: Fine but if he avoids me or says something mean, I am out of there.

V: (nods) Understood!

They all go together to the bar but Lydia has to finish up some work so she decides to meet them there. Before heading out she freshens up her make up, as she does she's not quite sure why she feels like she needs to look super good to go out for drinks with the people she sees everyday.

Part of her wants to impress Kyle, she still wants him to like her, even desire her again and part of it is that she feel so beaten down lately she knows she has to stop mopping about and pick herself up again.

Once she gets to the bar she wants to make sure she is not going to avoid him now. She stands next to him then speaks in a casual tone even though her palms are sweaty and her heart beat has accelerated. 

L: Hey Kyle!

K: Hey Lydia! How is it going?

L: (defeated)  Hmmm been better.