Breaking up

Chapter 27 - Breaking up

This chapter is rated T

Lydia continues to ignore Tyler for the few days he is still in the apartment before he has to fly out for work.

T: What did I do Lydia? Why won't you talk to me? You've been ignoring me for days.

L: There is nothing to say Tyler.

T: Babe I love you why are you doing this? I have to leave. I don't want to fight.

L: Then leave! You always do anyway it's not like you care anyway.

T: What the hell is that suppose to mean Ly? I fucking love you. I fought with my best mate, I was ready to give him up for you.

L: Don't throw that in my face Tyler. You are still best friends with Lance.

T: Yeah because he finally realized that I love you and I would never hurt you. You think it was easy for me to get punched, not retaliate, take his silent treatment, his cold shoulder for weeks? Then beg him for his approval to date his baby sister.

L: Whatever, why are you bringing my brother into this?

T: He asked me to choose.

L: (shock) No he did not.

T: Yeah he did.

L: Well?

T: I told him not to make me choose but if he did my choice would be you.

L: (glassy eyes) Fuck Tyler! Why didn't you ever tell me about that?

T: I love you Ly, so much I would even give up my best mate for you. We can fix this. I know things have not been normal for a while but please believe you are the only girl I want. You are the only girl for me.

L: Tyler you are just trying to mess with my head. You messed up this relationship along time ago. You shut down, you stopped communicating with me, you stopped (sobs) touching me.

T: Lydia you are so beautiful you think I don't want you. I would keep you in bed all day if it were my choice, but I know you needed time to heal. Hell, I needed time to heal.

L: Tyler I can't have this conversation right now, please. I am packing for my business trip.

T: Please baby I don't want you to let go of us. Please just think about it when I am back from Africa and you are back from Asia we can sort this through properly.

L: Tyler I am not trying to hurt you okay? But I am not sure that there is anything left to fight for.

T: Please baby just lets discuss this when I get back. I love you but the car will be here any second to take me to the airport.

L: I can't promise anything.

Tyler moves closer to Lydia but she moves back. He is shocked by her body rejecting his touch then he moves down kiss her on her forehead.

T: You will always be my princess Ly no matter what. I love you forever, till the end of time. You don't have to say it back but I know you love me too. Please after two and a half years together you owe me a chance to make it up princess.

L: (spat) You had ten months Tyler.

T: That's not fair babe, you know the circumstances. That was.....(interupts)

L: I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to think about it. Just leave....I think we both need our space.

The sound of a car honking gets both their attention. Then Tyler turns to Lydia.

T: Lydia have a safe flight. Keep that fucking blondie from pouncing all over you. I love you babe.

With that Tyler leaves with his carry on bag as Lydia starts to sob harder into her suitcase. She mutters under her breath.

L: I can't do this anymore. I need to move on.

Just as Lydia starts to pull herself together she hears the buzzing of her cell phone informing her that she has an unread text message. When she opens it she finally smiles brightly. It's from Kyle.

K: Hi princess I can't wait to take this trip with you. I promise nothing will ever be the same again. 😉

Lydia still smiling replies to his text.

L: Can't wait either Kyle.

She then takes a deep breath as she enters the bathroom to shower. Blushing as she thinks of Kyle.

L: Nothing will ever be the same again.

Which character do you like the most? What do you think will happen with Lydia? How to you feel about Tyler?