Oh Brother

Chapter 36 - Oh Brother

Picture of Lance depicted above

This chapter is rated T for content 

Lydia is so mad at both of them she locks herself in her room, leaving Tyler to share the spare room with his best friend Lance. In the morning she slips away before the boy's have woken up. She can't deal with the tension in the house.

On one hand she is happy to see her brother, while on the other she knows this is Tyler's attempt at getting her back and using her brother to wiggle his way back into her life.

Tyler has been talking to Lance everyday since the break up, confiding in him about the troubles he has been having with Lydia. Tyler is confident just like so many times before tha his best friend will come through for him.

Lance: Ty I can't tell her what to do

T: No but you can put your our two cents in. Prevent her from losing hope in this relationship

Lance: I think she has lost hope what I don't understand is why all of a sudden. I mean it was almost a year ago when...(gets interrupted)

T: Please Lance I really can't go back there

Lance: I think you need to with her....so you can remove this darkness in your relationship

T: She doesn't want to talk about it

Lance: You need to find a way to bring her back to you. I have never seen her happier than when she was with you....before everything happened

T: I feel like I let her down. I just don't deserve her

Lance: That is exactly the kind of thinking that is going to have her fall for someone else. Speaking of which there is no one else, right?

T: Not that I know of

Lance: You'd know if there was, wouldn't you?

T: I just don't know anything anymore with Ly. She has been so distant. There is this one tool that likes her at her job but I don't think she would give him a chance.

Lance: (possessive) Was he hitting on her?

T: No I mean not in front of me. He didn't look that stupid, I would have kicked his ass. He was staring at her a lot though. Like stealing glances as if he was obsessed by her.

Lance: Really! Who is this tool?

T: Probably no one but can you find out for sure? 

Lydia walks in after a quick run in the morning. She needed to clear her head and be ready to deal with her brother and her now ex-fiancé. The minute the boys hear Lydia they stop talking.

L: Oh please don't stop conspiring on my account

T: Ly don't you think that's a bit unfair. Can't I just have my best friend around?

L: Sure you can, seeing how he is more your best friend than my bother. It's not like he bothered to tell me he is coming to stay with me. (annoyed) Its not like he asked me how I'm doing, or if I need to talk to him.

Lance: (hands in the air) 

Ok enough Ly, I am sorry I didn't let you know but Tyler was down and I wanted to come and make sure he is ok. It's not as if you told me you made the big decision of breaking off your engagement

L: Shut up Lance it isn't always about you.

Lance: Oh really? How do mom and dad feel?

L: Eerrr....nevermind

Lance: Seriously Ly you haven't told them? They have a right to know Ly. Ty is part of our family.

L: Ty can I speak to my brother alone please?

T: Sure! We ran out of milk. I'll go to the store to get some.

As soon as Tyler leaves Lydia jumps into Lances arms.

L: I hate you right now but I just don't want to fight with any more people. (Baby voice) Lancey can we please drop it?

Lance: I love you Ly I only have your best interest at heart. Ty is my best friend and he's been like a brother to me, but you are my actual sister....no one is above you.

L: (smiles) You sure?

Lance: Absolutely without a doubt. Can I ask you something?

L: Yeah sure

Lance: Will you be honest with me?

L: Yes now geez just ask already

Lance: Okay snippy pants... is there someone else?. That you like?

L: Is Ty asking you to find out or are you asking me?

Lance: I'm your brother Ly don't I have a right to know who my baby sister is with and if he makes her happy?

L: Yes I guess you do. You have to promise to keep it to yourself though

Lance: Spill already .... is there or isnt there someone else.

L: (blushes) Yes there is

Lance tries to keep a straight face but he is angry inside. He would have called any girl who dumped his best friend a moron for letting someone like Tyler out of their relationship and life

Lance: So where did you meet this new guy

L: As cleche as it sounds, at work

Lance: Can I meet him?

L: It's very early in our relationship for that Lance but sure you can meet him. Only if you're not going to bring Tyler to see him.

Lance: of course not, I love you Ly, maybe we can go to the pub for a drink, yeah?

L: Sure I will ask him if he wants to join.

Lance: I meant just me and him....get to know each other man to man. What's his name?

L: (blushes) Kyle

Lydia goes to get some water from the kitchen leaving her brother in the living room. A second after she is out of sight Lance texts Tyler.

Lance: You weee right bro. There is some guy named Kyle

Feedback is love ❤️ What do you like about this story. Who is your favorite character?