Fight

Chapter 20 - Fight

This chapter is rated T for content 

On the train ride back Kyle grabs Lydia's hand as they enter the crowded train then as the doors close he puts one hand over her by the door trapping her delicate frame over his overpowering one. He dips down to capture her luscious lips once more while his other hand pulls her hips towards him. She puts her hands behind his neck stroking it sensually as thier mouths devour each other.

He pushes his hips slightly into her body so she can feel his growing erection. She moans lightly into his mouth at the sensation which turns him on even more. Moving his lips from hers he whispers in her ears.

K: Lydia I want you so badly, you are driving me insane.

Lydia smiles thrusting her body closer to his, then suddenly the doors open and they untangle from each other with the rush of people coming into the train. Then as the train is even more crowded they stand really close to each other without actually touching. Stealing glances as they smile, blush and try very hard not to attack each other on what's becoming an overcrowded train.

Out of nowhere Lydia sees a familiar face she looks a bit terrified as she turns to see the person squeezing through people to make his way to her.

J: Lydia?

L: Hi Josh!

J: Oh my god it's been forever, how are you?

Josh moves to embrace Lydia as she gives Kyle a helpless look. She notices his annoyance at someone else interrupting them again. She just shrugs her shoulders looking at him then Josh continues to speak.

J: Wow it's been really forever how is Tyler?

L: (uncomfortable) He's fine, still in West Africa.

J: Glamorous! (Looking towards Kyle raising his hand out) Oh sorry I am Josh.

K: (fake interest) I am Kyle.

L: I work with Kyle in the same team and it so happens we live a few blocks away from each other. So we often take the train back home together.

J: (chuckles) Great I'm sure Tyler must be happy you have a body guard with you at work.

Lydia smiles awkwardly knowing that this conversation as uncomfortable as it is for her, it is much worse for Kyle. Then fortunately Josh excuses himself.

J: I'm getting off at the next stop but it was so lovely to see you Lydia (embraces her again). Nice to meet you Ken.

K: It's Kyle. 

J: Right Kyle.

Josh leaves as the train doors open while there is an extremely awkward silence between them. Then Lydia speaks up desperate not to ruin where they were before Josh interrupted.

L: Sorry I know that was weird.

K: (sarcastic) No! Not at all.

L: I am really sorry we have lived in the city most of our life. So we bump into a lot of people we know.

K: (raised eyebrow) We?

Before Kyle thinks Lydia is referring to Tyler and her, she quickly clarifies.

L: My family.

K: Look!  We live in New York running into people we know was bound to happen.

L: Yeah! I know it's just....I don't want you to feel uncomfortable if someone brings up Ty......(interrupts).

K: What I want to know is why you were acting so bipolar at the bar? One minute you were laughing and having a great time, the next you were running out the door like the place was on fire.

L: Well I don't know if I want to bring this up now.

K: Just tell me already! 

L: (sighs) Well Bea came to the bathroom to tell me about you two.

K: (shock) What?

L: (hurt) So do you seduce everyone you work with? Or are Bea and me (make the inverted commas gesture) special?

K: God she is so unprofessional!

L: Well are you sleeping with her?

K: God no! We hooked up a few times when we were both hired as interns. 

L: Interns? So this was ages ago? She made this seem like it was recently.

K: Yes! Even when we were interns there  was nothing there, then for years we didn't really see each other or hang out. 

L: So why would......

K: (raised eyebrow) Can you let me finish? 

L: Sorry I do interrupts a lot...go on.

K: When an opportunity came up for a position on my team she applied. 

L: And?

K: I was a bit confused why she would want to work for me when we were peers but the truth is she was more than qualified. She seemed to be over that whole small hook up we had. I did not want to bring it up but I am glad she did. She told me she was seeing someone else and that I need not worry about anything being awkward between us. 

L: (annoyed) And you bought that? Are you blind? She does not have a boyfriend and she still isn't over you. 

K: Yes she is.

L: You know I always wondered why she disliked me, now I know she just wanted you to like her back. I was just inconvenient for her to get back with you.

K: You are wrong Lydia!

L: No you are Kyle. The fact that she came to stir shit up with me in the loo is proof enough.

K: She was probably drunk and thought it was funny. (shake his head) I will talk to her tomorrow.

L: (annoyed) What? You will do no such thing. I can fight my own battles just fine thank you very much Kyle. And you will not act differently with her at work either, got it?

K: (shrugs) Whatever you say!

L: So are there any other women you slept with at work? Is someone else going to follow me to the loo, to a meeting, to the gym, or any place else to give me some advice about you? Your ways? Your reputation? 

K: (huffs) That's not fair Ly.

Grabs her hand to comfort her. Lydia yanks her hand away from her grasp and starts to walk away shouting.

L: Fuck off Kyle! 

Kyle really wants to follow her, spin her around kiss her passionately, take her back to his place to he can pin her down and fuck her senseless till she can't even remember her own name let alone why they are fighting. But as he thinks of the bigger picture he knows she is stubborn. She needs her space, he cares about he deeply so he will give it to her. 

Kyle sighs making his own way home, he starts thinking things were just starting to go right between them before Bea tried to mess it up. Will they ever just be left alone to explore what they have between them?

Thoughts? Next chapter is going to have some steaminess