Part three

Part three~ a week later

The day had come, my date with Shikamaru. I had not really seen Sakura around because I asked for extra shifts at the flower shop. But today had come quicker than i hoped. With many nights of very little sleep I didn't really want to go out in the public, but the trick of makeup had hidden my dark circles.

"Ino-Chan, it's 3 o'clock you should start getting ready." My mother said from the bottom of the stairs. I looked over at her as she walked over and tucked a stray hair behind my ear, "You seem really tired and spaced out darling, are you sure you're okay?"

Mother had her suspicions to that I wasn't okay, but she'd act like she'd understand when I said i was. Even I knew that she didn't believe me, but I avoided talking to her about it, nobody but myself knew what was running through my head. "Y-yes, i'm just nervous about today" i stuttered "s-so I didn't get much sleep"

My mother pulled me into an embrace, "you have no need to worry, you are beautiful Ino-Chan, and if it turns out this boy doesn't like you, then he doesn't know what he's missing out on"

I smiled as she pulled away from our hug, "thanks mum."

My mother then took over the store as I had chosen an outfit and improved my makeup, I decided to let my hair down, it had grown back to nearly it's normal length from when me and Sakura both had cut it. To be honest I thought that would have meant to the both of us that we had given up, but I guess it had only meant that for me.