Part four

Part four ~ the date

At 5 o'clock i had met Shikamaru outside the restaurant we had agreed on, it was truly beautiful- candle lit tables, beautiful trails of flowers around the building, what was worse is that a few of them were cherry blossoms and they had always reminded me of her "Ahhh! Welcome welcome! Table for two?" My attention came away from the restaurant and to the waiter. Shikamaru nodded and we was shown to a table, we sat facing each other and this was the first and proper time I examined him. Well I guess he was pretty handsome, i wonder what he'd look like with his hair down. Also he's dressed pretty smart, which actually suits him. But... He really wasn't as appealing as i wish he was, perhaps... If i wasn't having these feelings for Sakura then i'd probably fancy the socks off of him!
"I-i'm quite shocked you didn't turn me down you know..." He suddenly said.
"O-oh? Why is that?" I wondered.
"Well, i thought you liked Sasuke still".
This is all Sasuke's fault... If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be in this situation.
"But I thought you liked Temari?"
I knew he had always liked Temari, so perhaps he's doing to me what I was doing to him- trying to forget.
He shrugged, "she's-" before he could answer the waiter came over and took our order, and the subject never came up since. After our date, we agreed to another, which would be the week after. "See you then," he said as he placed a warm kiss onto my cheek. "Goodbye, Shikamaru." I looked away pretending to be shy, he walked away as he did I turned my head to see... Sakura.