39: Vern Imagine

"Hello? Mrs. Tessio, is Vern home? Oh he is? How bad is it? Oh no. Al-alright, thank you." You hadn't seen Vern at school today, and you were wondering why. From what his mother had said, he was pretty sick.

You decided to be the good friend you were and put him something together. You went out and bought some cherry Pez, a couple of boxes of tissues, and a new Superman comic.

You put the things in a little bag and walked down the street to Vern's house. You knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

Vern's brother, Billy, opened the door. He had a bored look on his face. "The doofus's sick. Whaddya want?"

You frowned at him. "May I come in and see Vern, please?" you asked, as politely as you could possibly muster with him.

He grunted and let you in. He then stepped out the door himself and slammed it closed.

You made your way to Vern's room and knocked on his door. His mom answered, with a surprised look on her face.

"Why, Y/N, hello," she greeted you. "Be careful not to get sick yourself, will you? Your mother would not appreciate that much."

You politely laughed. "Yes, ma'am. I just thought I'd come to check in on Vern."

"Oh, of course! I'll just get started on dinner," she replied, exiting the room.

You smiled at Vern as you entered his room, making sure the door wasn't closed all the way. "Heyo, Vern. How're ya feeling?"

He smiled back and sat up a little. "I'm better than I was this morning. At least I ain't barfing no more. That was gross."

You scrunched your nose in disgust and laughed a little. "Oh! I got you some stuff, Verno, to keep you busy while you're sick." You handed him the bag.

"Ooo! Cherry Pez! Gee, thanks, Y/N," he gushed after taking the items out of the bag.

"No problem," you replied. You turned to walk to the door again when he stopped you.

"Hey, Y/N," Vern said.

You twirled back around. "Yeah?"

He sneezed and wiped his nose before continuing. "Sorry.. Uh, you're a good friend, Y/N. You know that?"

You smiled, slightly embarrassed. "Aw thanks, Verno. You're not too bad a friend either. I'll see you at school whenever you get better." You exchanged goodbyes, and you left.

It just so happened that you didn't make it to school the next couple of days because you had gotten sick. Hmmm....

I hope you all like it! Please request. I don't really know what to write. Thanks guys! Love you all! M'kay.

~Mariah