48: Chris Imagine for @miamartinaz

For miamartinaz

"Mia, I think-" he paused, "I think we should break up."

Your heart felt like it was ripping to shreds. "But... Why?"

He looked at you apologetically, and he almost, just almost reached out to pull you into a hug, but he stopped himself. "I just... Don't think that we need to be together right now." He gave you one last sad look before walking away.

You stood there in the hallway, dumbfounded and heartbroken and sad and confused all at the same time.

A couple months passed by, and you were still putting the pieces back together. You avoided Chris, if you could, and you tried not to let it show how badly you missed him.

You were so sure everything was going right, but apparently you were wrong.

A particular Monday morning, you walked into homeroom and took your seat.

The daily announcements came on, as usual, declaring the day's lunch menu and what the school considered news.

"And now, we have a special announcement," the principal stated. "Christopher.."

You heard someone clear their throat before speaking. "This is Chris Chambers," the all too familiar voice said, "and I have a message for someone." Your curiosity peaked, you listened intently. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and I made a huge mistake. I know I left you confused, and it was a real ass- I mean a real butthole- no?" The principal could be heard in the background scolding him. "Alright. I was a jerk, okay? I just need you to know that I'm sorry, and I wish it had never happened. I wish I hadn't've been such an idiot. Okay. That's all."

The principal began to speak again, but you stopped listening after Chris stopped talking. He had been talking to you. You felt something like joy, but at the same time, you felt like that hadn't been enough to try and mend your broken heart.

After class and many buzzings of who this mystery girl Chris was speaking to, you walked to your locker, still thinking of the message.

He was waiting for you by your locker. He looked beyond nervous, which was a big contrast to his usual confident self. "Mia, I- well.. What I mean is if I asked you to take me back, would you consider it? And I know I was a jerk, but-"

"Chris," you sighed. "You really hurt me. Do you know how many nights I stayed up crying because I felt stupid for ever thinking you loved me? Do you know how bad I wanted to call you every time I needed someone to talk to, but I couldn't because I knew that you knew you didn't have to pretend to listen to me?" You stared at him angrily for a moment before answering yourself. "Of course you don't."

"Mia, you have every right to be mad at me, and you should be. I messed up real bad, but I want to make it up to you," he said. His voice sounded so sincere, and he looked so deeply affected that you wanted to believe him.

You bit your lip. "I'll give you another chance, but don't take it as a free pass. This is the only other chance you'll get."

Chris's bright smile took over his face and he pulled you into a hug, making up for the one he  almost gave you the last time. "I promise, I'll never leave you again."

"You better not. Who else am I gonna complain to about homework?" you joked.

He just smiled and put his arm around your shoulders as you two walked together down the hallway.

I really hope you like it! Thank you for requesting. I'm sorry if it seems kinda choppy. I tried to make it flow fairly well. M'kay.

~Mariah