44: Chris Imagine

You nervously paced the living room. Your mother that had abandoned you as a child with your very loving grandparents was coming back to see you for the first time since she dropped you off. You were 4 when that happened, and that had been nearly 12 years since then.

"Calm down, Y/N," your boyfriend, Chris, said soothingly. He wrapped his arms around you and kissed your forehead. "Here, let's sit down, alright?" He always had a way of pacifying you.

You nodded and followed him back to the couch. "I know, I'm just nervous and happy, yet angry and I just don't know."

He rubbed your back. "I know. I know. It'll be fine."

There was a knock at the door. Your grandmother answered the door. "Oh, come in, come in."

"It's good to see you, Mom," you heard an unfamiliar voice say. Then she stepped into the living room.

She looked so much like the old pictures in the albums your grandparents kept. So much like you.

You introduced yourself and Chris, and you all sat down and just talked.

When you pictured this moment, you sometimes felt like you would yell at her, scream and ask why she didn't want you, why she never called or sent letters, but you realized now that it didn't matter.

She was there now, and even if she didn't want you in her life, you had people that did love you and want you in their lives. Especially Chris, who stayed up with you those nights you cried because you were just so confused, those nights that you were just suddenly angry at your mom for not caring, those nights you just wanted to talk about life.

Chris was there to talk when your mother wasn't. You weren't going to give up on her, but you wanted her to want you, not for you to have to beg for her love. And you knew that Chris would be there every step of the way.

Please request. I literally had to ask my friends for inspiration, and they're nosy little bugs so I had to explain what an imagine was which led me to have to go back and explain what fanfiction is. Smh. Anyway, yeah. Thanks for reading guys. M'kay.

~Mariah