124:Vern Imagine

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know."

"Really? We're doing this again?"

Vern threw up his hands. "I'm sorry! I'm not picky. And you never like where I pick anyway."

You sighed. "Fine. I'll choose." You were kind of frustrated since the last five times you two had tried to go out for a date night, he would never choose a place. "That Italian restaurant should be open."

He nodded, driving in the direction of the restaurant.

"Table for two, please."

The waitress smiled. "Alright. Follow me please." She grabbed two menus and proceeded to walk towards the back of the restaurant.

Vern turned to you as you both followed her. You made a point to glance in a different direction. You both sat down, one across from each other but neither of you trying to make eye contact.

After you both ordered, a tension-filled silence hung between you two.

Vern sighed. "I don't like when you're mad at me." When you refused to look at him, he turned his head trying to make you look at him. "Come on, Y/n."

You finally looked up. The sight of his pathetic face made you smile. He was so cute like that. "I don't like being mad at you either. Gosh, you're cute when you're sad."

He beamed. "Why thank you. I happen to think you're pretty good looking yourself."

"You're so sweet. What did I ever do to deserve you?"

He gave you a soft smile. "Babe, I'm the one that should be asking that about you. You're an amazing person and not to mention beautiful in every way."

Even after so many years, he still managed to make you blush. "Vern-"

"No, really. I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend the rest of my life with. I know these first months of our marriage have been kinda rocky, but I know in the long run, we'll have the best marriage anyone has seen."

You could have sworn you felt a tear slide down your cheek. "Oh Vern, I know it will be amazing because I'll be with you. You never cease to make my life better."

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Vern."

Short and sweet. It took me waayy too long to finish this.. Oh well. I love cute lil Vern imagines. He gets like no love. M'kay.

~Mariah