79:Vern Imagine

"Where's Vern?" you asked the other guys, as you guys were hanging out in the treehouse.

"Of course, you wanna know," Chris joked, smirking at you.

You glared at him and ripped a sheet of paper from your notebook, wadding it up and throwing it at him. You missed him by a couple inches. "Ugh," you groaned. "Just stop being a butthole."

"Whatever, basketball star," he snickered. Gordie and Teddy chuckled along too.

You rolled your eyes, going back to your homework.

Not long afterwards, a knock that was similar to the one you guys had come up with sounded from the door of the treehouse.

"Ooh, wonder who that is, Y/N," Teddy cackled.

"Just let him in," you said, kind of ignoring Teddy.

Chris moved the crate that covered the entrance, and Vern climbed up into the treehouse.

He smiled at you and sat in his usual corner and slid out of his backpack. "Hey guys," he greeted as he pulled out some of his homework. "Whatcha been doin'?"

Gordie looked over at you smugly. "Just talking," he stated. "About people."

You shot daggers at Gordie with your eyes. "Nothing much really," you added.

Vern sat up, slightly straighter than he had been. "Oh, anybody in particular?" he asked.

"I dunno. Y/n," Chris turned towards you, giving you a smile, "was there anyone in particular we were talking about?"

You felt your cheeks fill with heat. "Maybe. I can't quite remember," you muttered through your teeth.

Vern just looked at you all, a little confused. "What am I missing here?"

"Y/n likes you!" "Nothing!" Chris and you shouted at the same time.

"Shut up, Chris," you hissed. "And don't even think about saying what I know you're about to say."

"Vern, she's hopeless-" He didn't quite finish that statement because you had tackled him and were wrestling to cover his mouth. "SHE LOVES YOU VER- Y/N LOVES YOU WITH ALL HER HEART! SHE WANTS TO-"

You finally got a good hold on his mouth so his proclamations were muffled. You shot your head up to look at a gaping Vern. "Don't listen to him, he's being obnoxious." You glared down at Chris one more time before standing up and sitting back down in your spot. You absently tried to work on your homework, but you could feel the guys just kind of looking at you. You put all your stuff together. "I gotta go." You practically jumped down ladder and walked quickly away.

Suddenly, Vern was next to you, a little out of breath since he had to run to catch up with you. "Hey, what's wrong?"

You hadn't even realized a tear had slipped onto your cheek. You wiped it away with the back your hand. "Nothing, Vern." You smiled. "See? I'm fine."

He gave you a smile back. "If you say so, but just to make sure..." He leaned forward and kissed you on the cheek.

Both of your cheeks were blazing, and neither of you could wipe the silly smiles off your faces.

"Thanks, Verno," you said quietly.

"It's no problem," he replied, his face somehow turning even redder. "It was pretty cool seeing you beat up Chris though."

You laughed. "Well, if that's what I get when I beat up someone.." You shyly looked at Vern, "maybe I should do it more often."

He smiled sheepishly back at you. "Yeah, maybe you should."

Idk why this took so long and it's actually really long but here it is anyway. I hope y'all liked it. Does anyone have any preference ideas? I wanna do a preference but I have like one idea. Thanks! M'kay.

~Mariah