"He Only Does It Because He Loves You."

(Warning: References to abuse and tons of swearing. Also, if you're a fan of After I suggest that you DO NOT read this rant. You have been warned. *disappears in a cloud of smoke*)

 *disappears in a cloud of smoke*)

LISTEN THE FUCK UP.

GRAB YOUR MOMMA, SISTER, GRANDMA AND TAKE A DAMN SEAT, BECAUSE THIS RANT IS LONG OVERDUE.

Repeat after me:

ABUSE IS NOT OKAY.

Louder:

ABUSE IS NOT GODDAMN OKAY!!!!!!

I don't give a single shit about whatever explanation y'all may have to justify the actions of an abuser. Not a single one. Because there is NO justification. I don't give a shit about whether they were orphaned as a kid, bullied at school, got their dick/vag caught in a zipper as a kid and needed surgery, WHATEVER. You are not OBLIGATED to remain with ANYONE WHO MAKES YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF. Do NOT put up with your abuser with the false hope that one day they will magically change for the better, because they won't. THEY NEVER WILL.

Thousands of women die every year because of domestic abuse. How come? Why so many?

Because society has normalised violence against women.

We are taught at a young age that "Timmy pulls your pigtails because he likes you" or "Bobby shoved you against the locker because he has a crush on you" or "He's only possessive because he cares." Crazy, huh? I always thought it was the opposite. I thought that if a boy liked me me, he'd show it by treating me like a queen. Not like an object, which can be exploited then thrown into a trashcan. Not someone he considers inferior to himself, but as an equal.

Women are obsessed with bad boys, namely the idea of them. In Teenfics, they are always described as this sort of brooding character with a traumatic childhood. All the girls fawn over him; he does drugs, skips school, breaks the rules, rides a motorcycle, kills your family, lights you on fire, does whatever the fuck he wants.

He's basically the alpha male, the one that no other man wants to mess with, and because of his spot on the social hierarchy, he gets whatever woman he wants. If he has his eyes on you, he will get you, and, once he does, that gives him all the right in the world to do whatever he wants with you. Because you are a woman, and a woman = sex toy/birth-giver.

That's why we have all these tweens writing books such as, "The Possessive Alpha", "The Bad Boy Stole My Panties", "Slave To The Bad Boy." Because, in their damaged mind, they believe that a boy, in order to be a suitable partner, has to be hypermasculine (placing emphasis on physical strength, aggression, and sexuality) and narcissistic.

Nobody ever cheers on the nice boy (not to be confused with a 'nice guy') in the story because he's one pansy-ass motherfucker, and no girl wants a guy like that. They prefer to get showered in superficial gifts, only to then get kicked in the teeth afterwards. They prefer to have an emotional tug-of-war with the guy and spend the majority of the time feeling shitty about themselves.