Slow Internet

Keen to know how patient a potential love interest it? Here's a simple dating trick.

Sit them in front of a computer with slow internet and lock them in the room for at least 30 minutes.

Set the timer.

If after 30 minutes, the computer is still intact, as is the room, they are the one.

If after 30 minutes, the computer is nothing but a pile of junk, you see a pentagram drawn on the wall with blood, and phantoms roaming the room, they are not the one. I repeat, they are not the one. I suggest you call a priest asap and exorcize that bitch. 

-:-

It's still baffling how, despite having gone from  using carrier pigeons to send messages from one another to using instant messaging to text your grandma in Uzbekistan, slow internet is still a thing. Maybe it's because we're so damn impatient nowadays, since we're used to having things come to us practically instantly, but it's still fucking annoying. 

A lot of countries have introduced fiber optic technology in place of the traditional copper wiring, so that information can be sent faster over longer distances

Yet, sometimes I find myself stabbing the refresh button over 20 times like Brutus with Julius Ceasar, because the page won't fucking load! (I can easily say this for my time in Australia, in Italy and Russia, this has never happened to me. In Australia they still use kangaroos on bicycles to power electricity, so that says a lot) 

Scientists can create mechanical arms, robotic dogs, and toilet that plays music as you take a shit,  yet they can't find a way to make the internet connection more reliable and more available?

Like, what's up with wifi places having shitty wifi? That's what I call false advertising, because the connection is so damn slow, we reach the second coming of Christ and I still have to load my Facebook page!

Get out of here with that BS, grandparents be like "When I was your age, we didn't have the Internets" 

Well, we have it, but it's slow af, so I guess we should start using carrier pigeons again

-:-

I can't remember for the life of me who suggested that I rant about this, so if it was you, please lemme know so I can mention you. 

🍟🍟🍟

Is there something that you're itching to complain about, but have the good sense not to do so on a public forum? I can do it for you! Feel free to PM me with the topic you want me to rant about, and I won't think twice before adding it here. I'll be waiting!