Heterosexual Pride Day

Is a fucking joke.

The person/group that came up with this is a fucking joke.

Anyone who supports/wants this to be a thing is a fucking joke.

And this is coming from a heterosexual woman.

I really don't get why some people have to make everything about themselves. Seriously, how much of a crybaby can you be? How can you miss the point by a mile? If you want a Heterosexual Pride Day, you should start saving up for a brain transplant; ever since your mother dropped you as a baby, you seem to have lost a couple (a lot) of neurons. Book an appointment with the local neurologist asap. 

Every day is Heterosexual Pride Day.

It's on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and yes, you guessed it, Sundays.

We can:

— Go to nightclubs/bars/pubs without the fear of being shot up for being straight.

Hold hands/kiss/have PDA with our partner without being harassed/verbally abused/physically assaulted/imprisoned for being straight.

Read books, watch movies, see advertisements where 99% of the couple are straight.

Have our parents meet our partners without the fear of being kicked out of our homes/disowned for the mere fact that we are straight. 

Not worry about losing our jobs/being denied employment because we're straight.

Donate blood without being rejected for being straight.

Rest easy knowing that we aren't denied visitation rights for a partner in the hospital because we're straight. 

Have people get off on our porn but then think we're disgusting for being straight.

Practice our religion without having people patronise/harass us for being straight.

The list goes on.

Straight pride is absurd because we live in a heteronormative society that doesn't make your life a living hell for being a heterosexual. 

We aren't oppressed and denied rights for being straight.

That is all :)

🍟🍟🍟

Is there something that you're itching to complain about, but have the good sense not to do so on a public forum? I can do it for you! Feel free to PM me with the topic you want me to rant about, and I won't think twice before adding it here. I'll be waiting!