Breastfeeding in Public

Breastfeeding is a natural and very normal thing to do.

I was breastfed, my brother was breastfed, countless of other babies have been breastfed. What's not normal is when you decide to verbally abuse a mother for having to breastfeed her baby in public. I was inspired to discuss this after reading another rant about this on WP—the author was shaming the mothers for it, as if she was some kind of monster—so I decided to hit a few idiots with some realitea.

Firstly, breastfeeding is a right, not a privilege. A mother should be able to breastfeed her baby where and WHEN she wants and needs to. A hungry baby shouldn't be expected to wait nor can a mother be obligated ignore its needs.

Secondly, it's not illegal in:

America:

"Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a woman may breastfeed her child at any location in a Federal building or on Federal property, if the woman and her child are otherwise authorized to be present at the location."

Australia (according to former federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Pru Goward (2001-2006)):

"A mother's right to breastfeed is protected by the federal Sex Discrimination Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital status, pregnancy and potential pregnancy. The Act also makes clear that discrimination because a woman is breastfeeding (or expressing) is regarded as sex discrimination because it is clearly a characteristic of women."

etc.

Breastfeeding is legal everywhere. There are no world breastfeeding laws that deem publicly nursing a child as illegal. You know what's illegal? Discriminating against a nursing mother. That includes:

a) A waiter refusing to serve a nursing mother in a restaurant.

b) Verbally threatening her, along with physical contact, which is considered assault.

c)Forcing her to change locations.

I think what's the most digusting part of it all is the fact that because women's breasts have been sexualised in our society, the notion of using it for its natural purpose—which is to feed an infant—is considered ludicrous, unnatural, and as I said early, even illegal.

I mean, people have no problem looking at giant bilboards advertising skimpy bikini lines, see hairy men walking around topless, or visit nude beaches, but HEAVEN FORBID a woman has to take out her boob to feed her fucking baby.

Someone pass me the holy water, I think Stacy over there just passed the fuck out.

I actually said in that moron's comment box that the only real purpose of boobs is to feed infants

I actually said in that moron's comment box that the only real purpose of boobs is to feed infants. She tried to justify herself by saying "Breasts have nerve receptors that makes women aroused" or some bullshit like that, but my question is what's your fucking point?

She's feeding her fucking baby, not getting her nipple licked by her husband in public.

She's feeding her fucking baby, not ripping her shirt off and doing a lapdance on the local park's hobo.

She's feeding her fucking baby, get your head out of your ass.

I may not be a mother, but I'm sure the readers who are can vouch for the fact that breastfeeding isn't a walk in the park

I may not be a mother, but I'm sure the readers who are can vouch for the fact that breastfeeding isn't a walk in the park. It's can be nerve-wrecking, painful, uncomfortable, and because breastfeeding is stigmatised, in public some mothers find it hella embarassing.

So if you're someone who thinks it like this motherfucker right here:

Gently remove yourself from planet Earth and propel yourself into outer-space

Or look away and continue with your own life and leave other people to cooing and fawning over the baby.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but if you're so unhappy with your life that you feel the need to make others feel like shit, then keep it to yourself. At least it will hide the fact that you're a complete and uter buffoon.

🍟🍟🍟

Is there something that you're itching to complain about, but have the good sense not to do so on a public forum? I can do it for you! Feel free to PM me with the topic you want me to rant about, and I won't think twice before adding it here. I'll be waiting!