Vote for Thyself

[Baby Rant] 

Y'all know how people on Wattpad like to make mountains out of molehills, so here I am, crushing the molehills with the heel of my Louboutin to prevent that from happening.

So a lot of people seem to complain about those who like to vote for chapters in their own book. Ya know, at first, I was like that too; I used to judge people who voted for their own works. I was a snobbish bitch (still kind of am), that saw anyone who sinned like that as peasants.

Well, riddle me this: If authors weren't meant to vote for their own stories, why would they be given the option to? 

That grey star in the upper right corner of a new chapter isn't there as an embellishment. It's not like nothing happens when you click on it because something does! It magically becomes a gold star, the same gold star kindergarten teachers give their students when they share their toys!

I vote for my own works—as you may have already noticed and pointed out—popular WP authors vote for their own works, and so should you! 

Instead of seeing it as narcissistic or vain, see it as a pat on the back. You worked long and hard on that chapter, you cried blood, sweated urine, and bled words, so why shouldn't you reward yourself? I feel like it's worse to not have any votes on a chapter, than having at least one vote, from yourself.

If you're petty enough to criticise people who vote for themselves and want to act like some sort of Wattpad knight, then why don't you go scold people for vote trading, which is against the rules on this site? Last time I checked, it's not agains...

If you're petty enough to criticise people who vote for themselves and want to act like some sort of Wattpad knight, then why don't you go scold people for vote trading, which is against the rules on this site? Last time I checked, it's not against the rules to vote for your own work (unless you create a new account just to spam your work with votes. Now that's illegal.)

So here's what I say:

🌟🌟🌟🌟Vote for thyself.🌟🌟🌟🌟

🍟🍟🍟

Is there something that you're itching to complain about, but have the good sense not to do so on a public forum? I can do it for you! Feel free to PM me with the topic you want me to rant about, and I won't think twice before adding it here. I'll be waiting!