On Being MIA + Bad Teachers

Heyoo 💗

Yes, I'm back.

...Or am I?

Yes I am. Kinda? Kinda.

Anywhoe, as y'all may have read (or not, it doesn't matter, I'm going to repeat myself), I've practically vanished in a cloud of ✨pixie dust✨ for a couple of months, lurking every once in a while by scrolling through my notifications to check if people still give a shit about me.

Good news? They do. I love y'all.

Bad news? Super caught up with uni, and me being the lazy piece of shit I usually am, I never seem to be bothered to update this book, or even go through the other ones to edit/write. But since I'm xtra bored (and xtra fine, hehehehehehehehe) I've decided today to do what I do best: complain. I will TRY to complain more often—I had forgotten how therapeutic it was to put my frustrations down on paper (metaphorically) and share it with the world wide web only so I could get mauled for it :). I'm joking, y'all have been so kind to me, and it kind of bums me out how I haven't gotten any trolls on this book. I live for the drama. I'm a drama hoe.

Anywhore, A LOT has happened in 2016, and I feel like in the two months we have left of this godforsaken, shitstain of a year, a lot more bad stuff is going to happen. Call it sixth sense, or gut feeling, or psychic prediction, I don't care. Ever since Drumpf won the presidency, I feel like we're currently, as mankind, living in some sort of nightmare-come-to-life, sort of thing.

But Drumpf and Drumpkins will be discussed later on. You couldn't possibly expect me NOT to comment on that, right? Right.

-:-

Moving on, the topic for today is bad teachers. I know it's kind of a lame thing to talk about, considering how much shit is going on right now, but I think I need to start from the basics and warm myself up to a light jog before I run the fuck out of her, book a spaceship, and launch myself into the sun.

So. Everyone has had at least ONE bad teacher in their lifetime. If you haven't, then fuck you, you lucky bugger. The rest of us mere mortals aren't that lucky. Personally, I've had my fair share of shitty teachers, and by fair share, I was given 75% of the shit-pie. It's like that scene from The Help.

When I finished high school, and headed off to a university where the tuition fee is worth a kidney and an ovary, I thought that it would be over. After all, universities usually have the best of the best in terms of educators—they don't hire just anyone with a CV and a will to live.

Now I won't say names—I don't want my future employer to look through this and not hire me lmao—but so far, I've had two teachers that aren't so good. One of them basically reads off the slides (it's like she rehearses a presentation for every lesson) which obviously sucks. Imagine trying to write down what's on the slide while she's simultaneously reading out loud the exact same thing, and because you speak faster than you can write, it's impossible to keep up.

The other one doesn't explain the content properly.

For this class, we have to print out the slides and write on them—which is fine, that isn't a problem in its own—but we're given a purely mathematical definition, without an accompanying explanation understandable enough to make us understand what the fuck the collection of symbols and numbers means. It's honestly frustrating, especially when exam time comes around and you have to do extra research online to decipher the definitions. Sigh.

I'm not as angry as I'd thought I'd be, just really dissappointed. The content is already hard on its own, but we're given even more obstacles to overcome, like life isn't difficult enough already.

At least I enjoy my courses, but fuck math, I hate it with a passion.

Bye for now x 

🍟🍟🍟

Is there something that you're itching to complain about, but have the good sense not to do so on a public forum? I can do it for you! Feel free to PM me with the topic you want me to rant about, and I won't think twice before adding it here. I'll be waiting!