my hero ♡

"Babe!"

She sounded scared, so he found himself hurtling into the kitchen without a second thought. He found her with a look of genuine terror on her face.

"What do you need, Honey?" He followed her gaze to a tiny black monster on the wall. It moved a quarter inch, and she was behind him and wrapped around him all at once.

"Kill it," she whimpered into his ear. He pressed a reassuring kiss to her hair, struggling in vain to unlatch her arms from his neck, but she just clung to him harder.

He chuckled. "Why should I kill it?"

"It's intruding in the home you share with your wife and children?" It came out like a question, but there was real fear in her voice.

He gently coaxed her arms out of their death grip. "But maybe he needs to provide for his own wife and children."

"Kill them, too," she whined.

He met her eyes. "I live and let live."

"Please make an exception." She put a hand on her hip and raised her eyebrows.

A smile broke across his face. "I'll meet you halfway." He covered the offending critter with a plastic cup and nudged it onto a paper plate.

The smile on her face when he returned from releasing the spider into the wild was worth it all.

She rushed into his arms and covered his face with six thousand kisses.

"My hero."

Author's Note:
Ew, spider. I hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment and share if you want to! Love you ♡