morning ♡

The alarm was squernking obnoxiously as ever, and, as usual, it was on his side of the bed, and, also as usual, he was still snoring.

She hardly got annoyed anymore because - well - this was normal, and instead of punching him like she normally would...

She rolled over his body to turn off the alarm. He wrapped his arms around her in his sleep, and she grinned, stroking his messy morning hair and kissing his forehead before nuzzling close.

"Good morning, Handsome," she murmured sleepily into his ear before laying a trail of kisses along his jaw. "Baby," she breathed against his lips. "It's time to be awake now."

His eyes opened a little, and he tightened his grip on her waist. He pressed forward for a kiss, but, knowing that he wasn't completely awake, she slid down in his embrace to press kisses down his neck and across that ridge of muscle where his neck became his shoulder.

She felt his heart speed up, and his hands stroked her back, and he chuckled a small chuckle.

Her mission was accomplished - he was really, really awake - but she wasn't quite finished with the feel and taste of his skin. She kissed and savored the sweet, milky, alabaster of his shoulder, down his bicep, over the soft inner part of his forearm and along his wrist.

He made a sound like a growl and flipped her over, holding her to the mattress, kissing her forehead and cheeks and neck while she reached forward for a proper kiss and he denied it.

He met her eyes and dazzled her with his stare for a minute or a decade before she knotted her fingers in his hair and pulled his lips down to hers.

There was a sound at the back of his throat - a purr and also a growl - as his lips crashed against hers over and over, alternating sweet lingering and aggressive nibbles and coming back for more. No matter how familiar, there was always something so exploratory about their kisses... But also so sweet and patient and tender. They also lingered and grew, and it wasn't lost to her that their kisses, a small part of their relationship, matched their relationship as a whole so well.

When the backup alarm sounded, he rolled off of her and onto his back, panting.

She brushed her fingertips along that spot right above his hipbone before rolling out of bed to take first shift in the bathroom.

"God," she heard him groan. "I love mornings."

Author's Note: Well, that was zesty! *covers face in discomfort* As always, you can vote and comment and share if you want to! Love you ♡