hot ♡

She was laying on the kitchen floor when he got home from the grocery store with bags full of cold things. "Honey? Are you okay?"

"I'm WET with SWEAT and very UPSET." She was stretched out like a starfish on the cold ceramic tile wearing a tank top and a pair of his boxers. The air conditioner was broken, and it was Saturday, so they would have to sweat it out in the August heat until at least Monday.

Box fans were set up all over the place, but it was still sweltering.

He came into the kitchen, nudging her leg with his foot for her to move so that he could get into the freezer. "I got… Some Karmel Sutra, Half-Baked, Chunky Monkey, and every candy-flavored Popsicle I could find, plus a box of just banana ones for you."

She sat up abruptly, watching him organize things in the freezer so that it would all fit.

"I also got Gatorade, some cold Dr. Peppers, and some pickles because they're delicious when you're hot."

"You probably think they're delicious because you're extra hot."

He rolled his eyes. "I am. Look at this! My hair is actually dripping."

"That's hot, too," she said with a smirk. "Where are you going?"

He had begun to make his way to the bedroom. "I need to get some of these clothes off."

"I support that."

He threw a smirk over his shoulder at her. "Of course you do."

She stretched back out on the cool tile and waited for him. When he emerged, she wasn't prepared. He had taken off his shirt entirely and put on a pair of basketball shorts. It wasn't his appearance that made her love him, but it was definitely a part of him that she appreciated.

"Remember when I said you were hot?" He blushed a little. "I was not exaggerating."

"You're pretty hot yourself, Babe." She sat up and rested her back against the cool door of the fridge, and he laid down with his head in her lap. It was probably too hot for this nonsense, but her fingers running through his sweaty curls were worth it.

"I love you." His voice was nearly silent as they relaxed under the hum of fans and a fridge working overtime.

She bent to press a kiss to his sweaty forehead. "I love you."

"Want something sweet?" He readied himself for her cheesy response, and she didn't disappoint.

"I already have something sweet right in front of me."

He rolled his eyes before sitting up and to fetch a pint of ice cream and a couple of spoons. "What flavor do you want?"

"Surprise me."

"Karmel Sutra it is, then." He grinned at her evilly as he sat back down beside her. He got a spoonful of ice cream, but instead of eating it, he offered it to her.

She gladly ate her bite of ice cream and then returned the favor.

He had deliberately fed her messily, and when the container was empty, he set it aside. His lips were on her skin then, kissing and licking away every little extra bit of Ben and Jerry's magic. No matter how hot it was, she would gladly accept this.

He was hotter than any August afternoon, and the love between them burned a thousand times brighter.

Author's Note:
Inspired by sweaty Florida August afternoons :)

Please remember to vote, comment, share, and do something that makes you happy today! Love you!!