daydreaming ♡

"I hope she's exactly like you." His head was resting on her lap as she ran her fingers through his soft curls while they were still able to sit like this. Her tummy seemed to be doubling in size every day, leaving less and less space for this.

A smile spread across her lips. "Well, I hope she's exactly like you."

He let out a contented little hum. "No, I hope she has your freckles."

"Well, I hope she has your ridiculously soft hair." Her heart was nearly mush.

He grinned. "I hope she has your tiny feet."

"And your long hands."

"Your ears."

"Wait. Why not your ears?"

"Our little girl shouldn't have giant ears," he laughed. "Your ears are tiny and cute."

She chuckled. "I like your big ears."

"The better to hear you with, my dear."

A giggle bubbled through her lips. "Practicing your big bad wolf voice already?"

"I was born to be the big bad wolf." He caught her hand in his, pressing a kiss to the soft underpart of her wrist before pulling her hand over his heart and twining his fingers through hers.

His wide, piercing eyes were on hers now. "I hope she's kind and selfless like you are."

"You aren't kind and selfless?" She let her other hand run through his hair.

"Not like you." He shook his head. "You're so good at taking care of me. You know what I need before I do, and you're always there - to help me or hold me or listen to me or reassure me. I hope our little girl has a heart like that."

He sat up and shifted so that he could pull her back against his chest and hold her tight. "I love you so much." His voice was a low, watery rumble in her ear as his fingers trailed softly over her growing tummy. "The world needs another one of you. The world needs a million of you."

"I feel that way about you, Babe." She had choked up. Perhaps this was the nature of being in love and creating a life - hoping the world will get to know another one of this person you adore. She slipped her hands into his and turned her head to the side and pressed a kiss to the soft inside part of  his firm bicep.

He trailed kisses over her hair, down her forehead, cheek, neck, across her collarbone and to the tip of her shoulder.

"I hope she's the best of me."

He nodded. "She'll be the best of us. That's what happens when you love someone.”

She turned her head to press a kiss to his lips.

“You become the best of yourself,” he murmured, only a breath away from hers. “You find the best of yourself and the best of the person you love.”

“And then that love creates someone else for you to love and you find all that all over again."

Author's Note:
Sometimes, my characters do cute things when I'm not expecting them to! I'm thankful I got to witness this one.

Please vote, comment, etc., and remember that you're a great human who deserves good things. Love you!!