Chapter 22- Man Of Steel

"For the last time, that hot piece of sex ain't gay! I know gay when I see it."  Sammy says with a snap of his fingers and took a sip of the martini the bartender had just finished placing in front of him.  They sat at the make-shift bar in his transformed theater room made to look like a club for his Halloween party. 

"All I can hear is his voice in my head: gay, gay, gay...every time I look at him I hear gay. I can't get it out of my head!" Camelia exclaimed.  She was having a difficult time processing the information all week and it wasn't any better when Sammy found out.

Nothing passes Sammy's scrutinizing eye after that following weekend of her birthday when they routinely meet up before their classes start.  He immediately noticed she was bothered and wouldn't let it go until she confessed.  When he heard...he only laughed in her face and called her crazy.

Camelia sighed and watched her two best friends while she sulked.  Every once and a while the subject of Kent would come up,  starting Sammy's insistent lecturing.

Ricky sat beside Sammy drinking a beer dressed as The Joker, a costume he custom made with his own hands. He graduated with a major in fashion design the year before and because of that they rarely ever saw him. 

"You really like this guy."   He states, lifted an eyebrow and chuckled at her deep frown, resuming to drink his beer. His red painted sinister smile stretched from cheek to cheek.  The face paint, green wig, and purple suit was the exact replica of the original costume. It was so eerily disturbing Camelia had to hold in a shudder every time he altered his voice and spoke in a sinister tone.

"No, I don't."  She mumbled, clasping her hands in her lap. "Can you please stop talking in that tone of voice, Rick? You're freaking me out."

"Rick is right!  You like that sex God whether you admit it or not!  Are you that gullible or partially blind?  He's hot enough to get a old nun's panties wet!"   Sammy said. "All he looks at is you.  I swear on my grandma Princeton's grave, his x-ray vision is practically dissect the clothing off your body! He's never once checked out other guys."  Sammy released a deep sigh shaking his head sadly.  "You're too innocent for your own good.  You better watch out and open your eyes.  Just because you can see don't mean you really looking."

"It's his job to watch me.  Besides why would he lie?  What could he be possibly hiding? He made it as clear as day that he doesn't find me attractive!"

"I can't answer those questions for you, girl.  Pay attention every once and a while and believe what you are feeling.  Emotions are there for a reason.  They signify–not knowledge but intuition and natural instincts.  I'm not majoring in this shit for nothing, take it from an expert.  Stop over thinking it red riding hood or the big, hot, wolf might never have a chance to get you."  Sammy widens his eyes and lifts his arms like he was going to attack her. 

"Ha, ha very funny."  Camelia replied sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. 

"Have you seen how many times I've winked at that man? You see that face he gives me! He ain't gay." Sammy informs her in exasperation. "If looks could kill he would have scared me straight."

"I'm so sick of this subject, let's just drop it."

"Look at them bitch's heels.  Daaaamn!"  Sammy exclaims, swiveling on his bar stool doing a double take. He nudges Camelia in the ribs as a girl passes wearing sexy silver glittering heels in a super girl costume.

It left her feeling slightly self-conscious of her own attire as Camelia glanced down at the red riding hood costume Sammy insisted on providing. For someone who was majoring in psychology, Sammy had terrific fashion sense; even doing her hair and makeup for her.