Chapter 1-Birthday Princess

10 years ago....

A little giggle breaks free from her pink lips.

It was her tenth birthday today and her parents orchestrated a grand party on their estate.  The suspense was eating Camelia's insides, she couldn't wait to see what was set-up.

They hadn't revealed what was planned–It was supposed to be a surprise they said.    It was hard to control herself from jumping up and down. She hadn't been allowed on the grounds for a week while preparations were done.

Camelia twirls with arms spread wide in a puffy pink dress. Before she became too dizzy she stops before the long full length mirror situated in the corner of her room, unable to keep suppressing uncontainable excitement– It was a dream come true, she thinks whimsically feeling like she stepped out of a fairytale.  What she's read about in stories and all the Disney movies she'd watched over the years was slowly but surely becoming a reality. 

Traveling from the tips of her pointed, sparkly pink dress shoes, her eyes roam over every last inch of her dress looking for any defects.

The skirt flared, slightly puffy, and tapered slightly below her waist. The bodice was a stain pink that hugged her upper torso with small pink rhinestones and sequins that formed into flowers.

A frown appeared on her delicate features when she catches sight of the semi-tilted, white and pink flower tiara wrapped around her dark tresses. She quickly adjusts it, nods at her reflection, and smiles when it sits perfectly like it was before.

She loved the color pink, trailing her gaze over her large room to wait until it was time. Out of all the colors of the rainbow it was her favorite, next to purple.  Her obsession with the color was not difficult to miss if someone happens to enter her bedroom.  It was shrouded with pink drapes, pink furniture, and a great big bed covered in pink silk. 

Out of boredom she finds a plush pink chair and she begins to inspect her pink colored fingernails when the door to her bedroom opened revealing her beautiful mother.  Camelia smiles, eyeing the make-up products in her arms. 

"Ready for your big day?"  Annie asks her daughter.

Camelia smiles and nods as a blush coats her cheeks.  Her mother was wearing a pink knee high body fitting dress with matching pink pumps.   The gold, thin belt she wore caught her attention, it nearly matched her mothers strawberry-blonde hair. 

It amazed Camelia how she always managed to look immaculate, graceful, strong, and confident. It reminded Camelia of a queen. The confidence she emitted would outmatch the greatest warrior.  Her charm and elegance alone always managed to take her breath away.  One day, Camelia wished she would grow up to be just like her. 

Camelia also wished her hair was strawberry-blonde.  Grabbing a dark strand over her shoulder she frowns.  It was almost the same shade as her father's but had specks of subtle highlights probably due to her mothers genetics.  The rest of her hair was just as thick and long cascading in waves passed her shoulders and stopping at her waist. Camelia couldn't help but feel how unfair it was she hadn't inherited her mothers gorgeous color.

"You look just as beautiful as a princess and even more so, my love.  Come here and take a seat on your vanity table so I can apply some light make-up to your face like I promised."  Annie says patting the pink velvet tufted chair. 

Camelia did as requested and plopped down as her mother knelt in front of her.   "Mummy, I want lipstick, sparkly eyeshadow, mascara and a hint of blush."   She announced, counting them on her fingers while watching with greedy eyes as her mother lay the make-up out neatly.