Chapter 31-Red Rose

It was New Year's Eve.          

It was also another celebration that was due to take place at her home with family, cousins, aunts and uncles.

Camelia lazily dressed in skin tight jeans and a flowing pink satin shirt, that morning. She hung the glittering gold knee-high hug fitting dress she was to wear later that evening to ring in the New Year over the door hook of her closet. Passing the mirror she couldn't help but stop and really look at the reflection staring at her. She didn't look well. The dark circles stand as evidence of the deprived sleepless nights she'd had to endure.

The week's of bottling everything inside finally caught up with her.

Camelia sighs feeling the burdens of the world weighing down her chest.  Dread seized her heart.  Time was supposed to heal all wounds.  Only time was doing the opposite with her. 

Her shoulders were extremely tense and ached.  The veins over her knuckles stood out against her skin due to her lack of appetite increasing in the last several weeks.  The jeans she was wearing usually fit like second skin, now were loose on her hips and bottom. 

Her skin lacked the elasticity and brightness it usually held. Her hair had seen better days. It was always so lustrous, soft, silky and full of life. Camelia lifted a dull, flat and dry strand and frowned.  It appeared lifeless just like the rest of her. 

"Grief looks good on you." She scoffed to her image, flicking the strand behind her shoulder carelessly. 

It was her fault, of course. High expectations–the initiator of pain, the destroyer of hope. It left her feeling bitter, brittle and hollow.

However, it wasn't the way she looked that depressed her that morning or agitated her delicate nerves but what she dreamt as she slept.  Thoughts of the previous nightmare clawed it's way into her mind.  Taking a shuddering breath to calm the turmoil running through her, she starred at her very inky blue eyes, recalling the dream.

She and Kivanç were celebrating the New Year together at a event.  To her utter disbelief, there Stefan was with his Greek like golden Goddess, Selena, standing in the middle of the dance floor.  The crystal ball hovering over their heads casted it's reflective pattern over their faces.  Her arm was linked with his and the side of her breast was brushing against his arm intimately.  He kisses her forehead fondly and in return she closes her eyes with a small flittering smile shadowing her lips. 

Flutes of champagne with blood red strawberries pierced along the edge of their flutes caught her attention. The strawberries were just as red as the dress she dressed in–the same one from the auction.  

Why would she be wearing her Lady in red, dress? Again.

She looks down with a frown before glancing at the clock. One minute before midnight. The crowd comes together, beginning to chant down the seconds before the clock strikes twelve.

Couples embraced waiting in anticipation. 

Stefan and his girlfriend get ready with mouths millimeters away from sealing a kiss. A ghost of a smile hovered on Stefan's lips. The Goddess' love for him was shinning from her eyes like a pair of diamonds. 

They appeared like a couple in love.

A knife sliced her insides.