Chapter 4- Lady In Red

She dared glance back at the table her parents, Aunts and Uncles occupied and stiffened when she spied Stefan and the platinum blonde-haired goddess she saw months ago at his grandfather's funeral.

As if touched by King Midas himself the lady who's arm was draped perfectly into the crook of Stefan's was wearing a gold dress with a sweetheart shaped front emphasizing the generously swelling roundness of her brèasts. Eyeing her up and down as a man would, Camelia's gaze narrowed at the side slit that opened at the upper thigh and slid down the length of her long leg–exposing their sexy killer shape.

Camelia's teeth were grinding together, noticing the blonde's warm 100 watt smile as she shook hands with her family members. The grace and quiet confidence the lady in question executed was intimidating. Her beauty alone was blinding. 

Camelia was not modest and aware she was easy on the eyes but nowhere close to be as breathtaking as the woman.  The mask over her face was heavily detailed and made of the finest gold material.  Everything the lady wore looked as if it was made of 24 karat gold–and Camelia envied her. 

She shifts her gaze to Stefan who looked like Ares, the Greek God of war himself in a black suit. Hair the color of dark chocolate stood out against the slightly tan skin of his face. The black mask encased over his face was just as black as the rest of his attire.

Every second that passed was torture. They looked like the perfect matched couple—light meeting the darkness, forming unitedly as one. All Camelia ever craved was standing in her place.  She shakes her head as a small ball of jealousy fills her.

What screwed her up the most was the picture in her head of how it was supposed to be. To believe his proclamation–his promise to come back and rescue her someday came crashing before her, scattering her into pieces. She was blinded by loving him for so long. But she could not deny that she still has a crush on him and it was killing her. She hated it. She hated herself. Hated him.

The pedestal Stefan was once sitting on, in her eyes, shrunk considerably.

But no matter how many times she forces herself to believe it she knew any man that tries to walk into her future will always compete with him. It was going to be a trial to fill his shoes. The truth behind her realization was hard to swallow.

"Oh man she's hot!" She heard Max exclaim faintly from behind her.

"Stefan's mighty fine looking himself..." Murmured Gloriana as she too appraised the couple. "He looks so different from when I last saw him...when was it? Like ten years ago?  Remember how nice he was Camelia?"

Without answering Camelia turned back stiffly and sat ram rod straight in her seat while massaging her temples.

"He played with us on your birthday," she reminds Camelia.  "I can still imagine him in front of me jumping into the bounce house and scaring us.  Later on he joined us for two games of hide and seek!"  Gloriana smiled at the memory, a far away look in her eyes, continuing on.  "As I recall you pouted your lower lip and gave him puppy eyes just to keep him to stay longer.  It's like you snapped your fingers and like magic he stayed for another hour that afternoon, acting like a kid and making the party so much fun."

Yes. I remember all too well...Camelia answers silently. 

She also remembered how his strong arms felt encircled around her small waist, twirling her in a circle until she couldn't see the world straight.  Or the winks he sent only her when their eyes met.  The small smiles he gave her when nobody was looking.  A glint of mischief always present in his eyes.  It was as if she and Stefan had a secret relationship, a bond, the world was oblivious about.