Chapter 6-Crystal Ball

The stranger approaches her with grace, power and self-assurance that required one's attention. He was broad shouldered, tall, fair skinned and completely and utterly handsome. 

His determination never wavered.

He won.

The same man who bid from the beginning of the auction.  Camelia gulped nervously, offering the blonde haired man a tentative smile.

"Shall we?"   He asked with a kind smile in return.

"Yes."  She replied tightly and allowed him to help her down the steep steps of the stage,  clutching her gown with a free hand.  Her knees were quivering and her cold hands shook nervously. 

The gentleman led her to the waiting dance floor located through another set of double doors connected to the ballroom.  High crystal chandeliers hung above them and they were dimmed down so intimately Camelia felt her pupils adjust as her gaze refocus on the intimate setting.

Large bouquets of arranged flowers of purple, white and pink surrounded the walls.  A band was set up in the center—along the edge of the dance floor with two large speakers that stood along either side of the set-up.  A black backdrop was against the wall with white scattered lights meant to represent a star lit sky.  

Couples behind them started to murmur amongst one another as they took their positions on the dance floor.  It was large enough to accommodate all the bidders and winners.  Peoples excited whispers hitched as the violinists, a pianist and a drummer started a sensual rhythm. 

A announcer appears with a mic in hand.  "Ladies and gentleman as a special thanks for all the proceeds accumulated, we have a special guest tonight to sing his famous song.  Please help me welcome Grammy winner, The Weeknd, singing 'Earned It'!"

Squeals of delight erupted from most of the women and clapping resounded all around Camelia. Her mouth dried up and she quickly slanted her gaze to her dancing partner and witnessed him silently watching her with a quirked eyebrow.  

"May I have this dance beautiful lady in red?"  He asks with a heavy foreign accent. Camelia raises her eyebrows in slight surprise, she couldn't ever recall having heard before. 

She nods once and allows the mysterious man to sweep her into his arms and started to sway to the slow seductive music in the background.

The Weeknd swiftly appears and takes his position before the mic wearing a black suit and his iconic signature hairstyle, beginning his slow sensual song....

🎤"You make it look like magic
'Cause I see nobody, nobody but you, you, you
I'm never confused
Hey, hey
I'm so used to being used..."🎤

"My name is Kivanç (key-Von-ch) Tatlitug and I'm honored to be in the company of such beauty..."  He started.

Camelia blushed and ducked her head shyly.  She looked from beneath her lashes at him and smiled.  "It's nice to meet you Kivanç.  My name is Camelia St. James." 

"Hmmm, Camelia as in the flower?"

Camelia nods.

"How unique, the name suits you I must confess.   Your pronunciation is slightly different, I assume it's spelled as uniquely as you? "