Chapater 24- The Eyes Never Lie

Stefan glances down at his watch and frowns.  Camelia had been inside the boutique for a little over an hour. 

How long does it take to buy underwear?  He thought. 

The beautiful blonde smiles up at him from beneath, heavily, coated eyelashes.  He provides her with a small lift of his lips.  They had been flirting for the last hour since Camelia dismissed him and he admitted to be thoroughly enjoying the girl's company.  She was certainly open and not the timid type. 

Exactly the type—he didn't easily fall for. 

However, he felt like himself, sitting there with her and talking openly.  It was better than what he and Camelia were going through for the past couple weeks.  The girl was like a little breath of fresh air after being suffocated by recycled air. 

Yet....finding a woman who wasn't easily swayed was welcoming in some ways.  The chase sometimes is greater than the reward. 

His Camelia, was not the easy type.  She was a hard shell to crack.  She was difficult to read at times and she was exactly what he wants in a woman. 

It was just a few days ago when he moved his belongings into one of the guest rooms across the hallway from her room due to her parent's absence.  While they were half-way across the world on business, they were stuck with each other's company twenty-four hours a day.  The static forming between them was only getting worse. 

She stayed distant, aloof and casual.  Stefan was sure not even explosives could bring down the rock, solid, impenetrable walls she set in place. Her emotions were fueled by his ignorance to her feelings. He knew she was lashing out but at the same time he never attempted do anything to make it better.

Now he understood what Clark Kent felt when he couldn't tell Louis Lane he was Superman. All he wanted to do was rip his plain simple clothes off, crush the irritating glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, shave off the irritating facial hair and reveal his true self. 

He was sick and tired of pretending—of lying to her. 

He wanted his Camelia back.  She was certainly testing his limits like no other.  It was more difficult figuring her out more than any of the many missions he's had to overcome over the years as a Navy S.E.A.L.

Secretly, It irritated him more than anything when she ignored him.  Acting like he didn't exist was driving him near the brink of insanity. She couldn't stand the sight of him and it was killing him, frustrating him, and tearing him apart.

He complicated everything. He could place that beautiful smile on her lips once again instead of push her away.  He could do many things, yet....

Stefan never meant to insult and hurt her. If only he  could go back and rewind that entire conversation. 

Nearly every night after making sure Camelia was safely tucked away in her room sleeping, Stefan ended up in the lower level of their house and took advantage of the in-home gym to work off the steam. Despite lifting weights and running until his body ached, it still was never enough.  The static, the discomfort stressed his limits.  It was boiling over like a volcano ready to erupt where the lava was barely contained. 

He was ready to explode.

But that's what you wanted remember?  You pushed her away.  You encouraged the attraction and then lied, severing the positive energy growing between you two.  You take your frustrations out on her when you're tense and angered. You verbally hurt her.  You got what you wanted. She stayed away from you so you could do your job.