Chapter 50-Star Crossed Lovers

They passed villages, historic white-washed buildings and villas, clinging off steep cliffs above an underwater crater. Santorini, Greece is essentially of what remained from one of the largest volcanic eruptions to ever occur in recorded history; and the most sought after place for a romantic getaway.  The entire island overlooked the nearly clear sapphire sea and black sand beaches as Camelia's curious eyes scan the dramatic views in her sight as Stefan expertly maneuvered the SLS Mercedes he rented once they reached the airport. 

"This place is stunning!"  Camelia exclaims, peering out passed the windshield and into the distance watching the beautiful sunset make it's descent. 

Stefan glanced away from the road and smiled at her.  "Not as stunning as you. . .Is it safe to say you liked the surprise?" 

"I love it." 

Stefan turned the car onto a pleasant street littered with beautiful homes.  "Here we are, Mrs. Steel."  He said squeezing the car into a narrow parking alley. 

She never thought to ask, assuming they were going to a hotel, they stopped in front of a house.

The charming villa was luxurious with unique architectural design, blending the classic Greek with Italian influences in a Mediterranean style.  Camelia looked at the rose bushes cluster in the corner as she unlatched the gate into the tiny but well-tended front yard.  A flowing waterfall enchanted the corner of white the house. 

Stefan found the keys and opened the door.  Catching her by surprise he bent down, put his hand behind her knees and swept her up into his arms.  Camelia wrapped her arms around his neck. He strode into the threshold and nudged open the door with his knee. 

Stefan sets her down once they enter. 

The first thing she noticed was the center of the large room, a table had been set for two. The napkins were folded into hearts. Three candles in long stemmed holder of varying heights provided a centerpiece. The candles were lit, the room lights lowered. Next to the table was a cart holding a bottle of champagne cooling in a crystal ice bucket.

Surrounding the table were flowers, hundreds of them–bouquets of vases, roses and tropical exotics. The scene was choreographed for seduction.

Camelia spun to face him. "You had all this arranged?"

"It's our honeymoon after all, I wanted tonight to be memorable." He said, stepping behind her close enough for her to feel the heat of his body. "Besides, I notice you didn't eat much.  I'm having dinner delivered.  Would you like to look around and freshen up?  There's a bathroom around the corner and another in the master suite."

She nodded in acknowledgment to his suggestion.  Stefan pulled her by the hand and led the way, reaching a set of double doors.  He flung them open with a flourish and stepped back so Camelia could precede him into the suite. She took a few steps, then froze, gulping heavily. 

The room was beautiful and elegantly decorated.  A great king sized bed draped in white satin lay against the wall with a pair of mirrored night stands.  A matching dresser and mirror stands against the wall opposite the bed.    A sitting area was tucked in a corner framed by an expansive view of the ocean.  The bedroom showcased a private plunge pool passed the sitting area. 

"I'm going to get our luggage and see if the champagne's chilled yet."  He said tactfully, leaving her staring at the king sized bed.  She finally noticed rose petals forming a large heart in the center of the bed.  A bed they were going to share very shortly.